• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Are there any Alpine owners near Monterey, CA

mike in CA

Donation Time
I just bought my first Alpine. It is a 1965 Series IV. I have owned and worked on all kinds of British cars, but this is my first venture into Sunbeams. The only parts source I know of is Victoria British but I know there must be many others out there. I was hoping to find some other Alpine owners in my area to go cruising with and perhaps pick their brain on getting mine fixed up. If you are anywhere near the Monterey peninsula, give me a shout.

Mike

Mike snyder

Donation Time
close but not that close

Welcome to the insanity! I am up north of you a bit in Lagunitas ( about 30 miles north of San Francisco). The best place to get parts is here: sunbeam specialities http://www.rootes.com/ They are in Campbell Ca. and have a ton of good stuff and good information. Also, Rootes Group Depot in redwood city, Ca. They specialize in Tigers but do a fantastic job on interchangeable parts. Bill Martin is the owner (650-364-1965). He rebuild the front A arms on my car and it was very good work. Sadly my car is a hanger queen right now. I am rebuilding the engine and brake system.
Mike Snyder
1964 Series IV GT

chris

Donation Time
There are quite a few of us around, but for some reason we've never been able to pull it all together for chapter meetings or events. There are a few British car shows in the bay area and central valley. I don’t know about the bay area shows, but for the ones in the valley most of the time you are lucky if you get enough Sunbeams there to make up a class. The best one I know of was last month put on by the Sacramento United British Car Club. This year we had three Alpines and two Tigers. In October the Valley British car will hold their annual show in Clovis near Fresno. I know there will be two of us there, maybe three.