• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Applicatons: GA Athens/St Marys rally

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Applications now accepted for the annual Georgia Athens to St Marys's run (held in Nov).

Send me an email not PM for an application.

Rally limited to 50 pre-1976 cars - applications being accepted so do not delay.

I am not connected with the event other than having entered.

This past November Airpine finished 40th of 50, a huge step up from 1--got lost and 2 -- burned 2 valves.

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Now who in their right mind would take their beautiful LBC or whatever on a drive from one corner of the state to the other on a gravel road to get the car dinged up from flying rocks?????:confused:

serIIalpine

Donation Time
Wow! We have the SoCalTT, The Carrera California, the NTIBT and the California Melee. All of them are almost entirely paved and a total blast.

I always invite you guys but no one comes.

I just did the Carrera and it was a great time and there's not a chip or a dent in my Series II.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
http://vimeo.com/2225463

i dunno, i saw a video of it from a few years ago, at least i think it was the same one. it was called the damn the torpedoes rally? it looked like a few roads he went down were gravel.

Clarification:

Good roads are available but it is the choice of the driver and navigator whether to take short cuts or not, such as a dirt road through a national park to save 15 miles...

There is no set course, only pre-determined checkpoints and the final destination.

A lot of the cars are showroom quality and don't get dinged up.