• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

anyone tried a different steering rack ?

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
"About" How Much Longer are the mustang 2 tie rod ends than the stock alpine ends ? could use another 1.5-2 inches I think

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
1.5" longer than Mustang II standard. Taper is 7 degrees, Alpine is 6.5 degrees, so steering arm would need reamed out slightly.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
1.5" longer than Mustang II standard. Taper is 7 degrees, Alpine is 6.5 degrees, so steering arm would need reamed out slightly.

1.5" longer than Mustang II standard.

you mean, the Mustang 2 Ends (WITH manual steering ) are LONGER than Sunbeam Ends, Correct ? don't want to order a set unless I'm sure the mustangs are longer than the sunbeam . ThankS

Tigerbill

Platinum Level Sponsor
I installed a mustang II rack with 2” drop Wilwood mustang II spindles, five bolt ford pattern 11” ventilated discs. Had to ream out the spindles to match the sunbeam ball joint taper upper and lower. Running 15x7 rims up front and 15x8 rear on ford discs as well. Rear is also dropped 2”.

Last edited:

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I installed a mustang II rack with 2” drop Wilwood mustang II spindles, five bolt ford pattern 11” ventilated discs. Had to ream out the spindles to match the sunbeam ball joint taper upper and lower. Running 15x7 rims up front and 15x8 rear on ford discs as well. Rear is also dropped 2”.

PICTURES ???

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor

How did you compensate for the huge difference in steering axis inclination between the Series Alpine spindle (5.25 degrees) and the Wilwood spindle (11 degrees)?