• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Anyone Know About This Car?

kwhite

Donation Time
I purchased this SIV in 2008 with blown motor and altered color/ racing setup in KS. Previous title was CA and has been previously registered with SACOA w/ original factory spec #100 Med Blue, GT (this car was never a GT).

Car # B94102157

Despite minor alts; fuel pump, suspension, roll bar, car was basic, (wire wheels!) and after rebuilding motor, this does not appear to be a serious SCCA car. It is a solid car and a great driver as I restore to original.

Car was damaged and repaired very well with salvage panel on rear driver side. Looks like late 1970's (British Leyland Burnt Orange) 2 stage epoxy paint.

Thanks to anyone for any information as I piece together this car's provenance.

Kevin

Attachments

• K White SIV.jpg
    K White SIV.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 110

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
Whereas I realize it's not in original condition, I kind of like the car the way it is. It looks very "period-modified." Evidently, someone must have had some fun with it in the past!

Best of luck on the history search and restoration.

kwhite

Donation Time
Thanks Andy,

Al Mason said the same thing when I bought it - he wanted me to put 8 balls on it, (good idea). Still seems odd that this car was registered with the club so long ago when original and no one knows anything about it.

It is one fun driver for sure. Not going back to period racer look, too many German Mini's around here with union Jacks and stripes.

Kev

agmason54

Donation Time
Anyone Know About this Car

'BIG DOG',
I think I meant you need an 8 Ball gear shift knob....
I think there is some title search outfit who can look up
all the previous owners for a fee of course.
You had a bad radiator cap...DamnitMan! Who would have thunk it?.....
Later buddy,

'MAD DOG'

kwhite

Donation Time
Thanks for any info Mark. I will keep an eye on post in case you find anything.

BTW Albert: I do still have an old 8 ball that was on my 62 Ranchero. I really prefer the stock knob for driving, but may put it on while the Alpine is in this shady stage.

Thanks Guys,

Kevin

agmason54

Donation Time
Anyone know this car?

B Dog White!
Hey Man-Want to swap the '8 Ball' shifter for this one
as a token of fellowship? You'll find it in the photo right
beside my fish pole.
M Dog Gears

Attachments

• 100_2512 (Large).jpg
    100_2512 (Large).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 52

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
B Dog White!
Hey Man-Want to swap the '8 Ball' shifter for this one
as a token of fellowship? You'll find it in the photo right
beside my fish pole.
M Dog Gears

I can't seem to locate it. I know it's gotta be there somewhere....

kwhite

Donation Time
Mad Dog
Thanks for the high resolution image, it really helps. That can't be the car you lost the lucky charm in.

Mark B

Donation Time
Hello All-

I finally got around to digging out the old VIN and info for the car I thought might be this one, and it unfortunately is not. Its close, but later in production. Its an old parts car, 1965 SIV that I sold in Colorado to a guy using it to repair a damaged race car. It eventually made it out to California. At first glance, I thought this must be the same car that had somehow made it back out to KS. Not the case. Sorry I cannot help.

Mark B

kwhite

Donation Time
Well it was a worthy effort Mark.

A friend of mine checked the VIN in CA. I have that owner's name and location in Dunnigan, CA. Still seems odd that this car was "registered" w/ SACOA at some time before my purchase but there is no SACOA record associated with it. What is the purpose of the registry? I attempted to update 4 years ago and am still listening to crickets.

Getting set to update again to Forest Green, (unless I change my mind before paint is purchased).

Tanks,
Kevin