• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Anyone have any 18P calipers to sell?

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Crazy prices for cores and those are cores might not be rebuildable. No guarantee, right?
By comparison, Apple Hydraulics is selling rebuilt 16P calipers for $118 each (wo/core charge)!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-TR...609297?hash=item281789f651:g:u4sAAOSwtfhYn3cY
Jan
Jan.
The Alpine front calipers were made with two different mounting hole separations. The Series I, II cars came with calipers that had the mounting holes 3.50” apart and the later cars were 3.25” apart. Make sure you order the right ones for your car.
Rick

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
I have a nice PAIR of"Calipers", (3.25") bolt spacing. cleaned and painted, need rebuilt. $50 PAIR plus shipping.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have a nice PAIR of"Calipers", (3.25") bolt spacing. cleaned and painted, need rebuilt. $50 PAIR plus shipping.

Hi Fonz:
If Jan doesn't want them I'll take the pair for $50. They fit perfectly into a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box for $15.50. Let me know how you want to get paid if I'm the buyer.

Rick

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi Fonz:
If Jan doesn't want them I'll take the pair for $50. They fit perfectly into a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box for $15.50. Let me know how you want to get paid if I'm the buyer.

Rick
rick, they are clean, nice bore, but No pistons, they were shot

Jaars

Gold Level Sponsor
And I have several pairs of 16P as well as 16 Calipers. PAIR +Shipping. Also plenty of 9,85 disks!

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
no longer need the Caliper. I HAVE 9.85 Disc, .... I NEED 9.5" disc. may just take a 9.85" to the machine shop and have it cut down to 9.5" diameter (all other measurements seem to be the same on both)

Gumby

Donation Time
OK, interesting discussion here. At what serial number did the spacing change? I bought series II spindles which included the calipers rotors and steel wheel hubs. Going to use the hubs on my early series IV to replace the wire wheel hub. Not using the series 2 spindles at all. If the Calipers are the same, then I will rebuild these S-II on the bench before swapping parts. But if they won't fit, then I have to rebuild the Series IV calipers that are on the car now. When did this change take place? Serial numbers if you have them.
Thanks