• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Anyone have a bag of marshmellows?

gordonra

Donation Time
This is taken from the end of the street near my house in Orange County.

oc_fire.JPG

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Rich,

What an aweful sight, and I hope you and your family are safe. Living in a very bushy state and an ex volunteer firefighter unfortunately that picture is a common sight. What it deliberatly lit?

Stay safe,

Regards, Robin.

skywords

Donation Time
Just saw a news story from your area this morning showing a burned house with the owner pointing out the burned classic cars he has lost. I hope you and your family will be safe from that fire.

gordonra

Donation Time
Thanks for the thoughts guys.

This is just northeast of Irvine, near Whiting Ranch. They call the area Canyon Country: East of the city of Orange, Silverado/Santiago/241 Toll Road. Lots of wild land out there. Probably Irvine Lake too.

As of last night, it crested in spots, but hadn't come over the hill. Even if it did make it over, there are a lot of other homes and businesses between my place and it. While it is a scarey sight and the thought of it makes you start putting all your valuables in one place for a quick exit, the reality is that it's still about 5-6 miles as the crow flies.

They called for the down-wind folks to evacuate last night.

Also makes a guy think about where he might go if he did have to leave......

64beam

Donation Time
That's good to hear Rich. Wild fires are an unusual beast. I have seen the aftermath of them in the Dandenong Ranges in Victoria, Australia where the fire came up the side of the mountain burning a house, but leaving the two beside it untouched. It's always good to have a plan.

Regards, Robin.

mikephillips

Donation Time
I see you guys are starting to get a break in the winds and they're making progress containing the fires. Sounds like while there may be a distance yet to go that the area may be over the hump.