• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Anyone else going to Big Bear TU? And, question on rear end:

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I'm going. The plan is to leave tomorrow mid-AM in the Alpine.

But, that's only if I get the rear end back together. I decided a week ago to finally replace the rear end axle bearings because one was leaking way too much. That all went smoothly. But, I messed up one of the brake cylinders putting it back together.:mad: The new one is to arrive today.

My rear end question: I forgot to check before I left this morning what type of oil I need for the rear end. I remember it was either 80 or 80 W gear lube. But, I can't remember which one. Anyone? And how much? I need to pick it up on the way home so I can finish this tonight.

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
I think the book specs. 75w 90w If all of your seals are good I would use Synthetic oil like Mobil 1 or Red Line. It takes just under 2 quarts.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Jay - you need 90 EP hypoid gear oil and you need 2.1 U.S. pints (or 1.05 quarts)