• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'And the Fun Begins!'

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
...Hi Mike. If the slave bracket turns out to be unavailable I have one not yet installed that you could borrow as a pattern to get one made locally. Not too difficult I'd think, to make, but to match the quality of Jose's parts may be tougher.

Tgibbs1967

Donation Time
Hello mike

Good luck on the project!!!! I am starting a rebuild of a tiger that sounds similair to yours......we will learn this together with the help of this group.....my car got loaded couple hours ago in kentucky for its trip west to my home in washington state. I had been trying to get my car for over 20 years.....

I wish you luck...

Tm Gibbs
1967 tiger

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Good luck on the project!!!! I am starting a rebuild of a tiger that sounds similair to yours......we will learn this together with the help of this group.....my car got loaded couple hours ago in kentucky for its trip west to my home in washington state. I had been trying to get my car for over 20 years.....

I wish you luck...

Tm Gibbs
1967 tiger

Thanks, this is a great place.

That's exciting Tm, 20yrs! wow, there's gotta be a story behind that :) I used to go out with gal from Kentucky, Russellville actually, nice people in the South. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Mike

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
...Hi Mike. If the slave bracket turns out to be unavailable I have one not yet installed that you could borrow as a pattern to get one made locally. Not too difficult I'd think, to make, but to match the quality of Jose's parts may be tougher.

Chuck, could you, or someone else on the forum, post a pic of the Clutch Slave Bracket? Thanks

helijm

Donation Time
Mike, Jim here. I have looked at the pictures you set up and I have the same thing as the pictyures you have posted. I will check again right now. We'll get her squared...jim:)

helijm

Donation Time
Mike, I know what that bracket looks like. Jose sent everything and I have taken pictures of the kit. I noticed that one bracket was missing from your pictures that you posted. I will send my photo of everything you should have to you on your PM. I wonder if the package being mangled if this bracket fell out. I know without a doubt that I received everything from Jose. I can only surmise that it may have fallen out. I might have to put in a claim to UPS. I will check on that from this end. We will get her taken care of...jim

helijm

Donation Time
Mike, I sent you photos of what I have to your PM. Looks like there is one bracket missing plus two round black washer types. Like I said in the PM, Worst case scenario they fell out of the box during the messed up shipping.

However, be that as it may, I will send you the one I have in the picture so as to at least make you whole. The Right thing to do.. Like I told you before, there are great people on this Forum and we couldn't do without them..Jim:)

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Update: Back in the 70's when I bought my Healey for $750 it was mostly complete and after sitting outside for years it was an absolute mess. I couldn't wait to see what was hidden underneath all that oxidation, dirt and grime. It was exciting to see shiny parts and clean paint and I was reassured that I had spent my money well.

Well, many years later history repeats itself. After leaving everything as is for VIN Inspection and Titling I power washed the whole car and then spent the past few weeks stripping out the interior, pulling up old rotted carpet and looking for rust and lastly pulling the dash while photographing and labeling the many wires. Then came hours of cleaning and polishing. I'm once again reassured my investment was a good one. After sitting outside for many, many years she can still turn heads. Not bad for $900.

First album is the stripping of the interior including two sets of seat covers, the really furry tan outside covers and underneath were furry blue covers matching the interior carpet color . Surface rust is revealed in the usual places but everything is structurally sound.

https://picasaweb.google.com/105988...&authkey=Gv1sRgCIvPioGv84WTUw&feat=directlink

This second album has some before pics for reference and ofcoarse after pics.

https://picasaweb.google.com/105988...&authkey=Gv1sRgCP6qjOfsvbeqDg&feat=directlink

EDIT: Paint. I used a spray paint for the gauge needles that came from my local True Value store, Premium Decor-Hot Red (PDS-97/705283). I sprayed some in a bowl and (carefully) applied it using a fine brush. The only other paint used was from a couple of rattle cans laying around the garage. Flat black to touch up the steering wheel horn rim and a couple of exposed areas of the seat cushion that I couldn't stand to show in the pics:), also gloss black to touch up the seat corner plates where the hinges are.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I08RES...e=asn&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B000I08RES

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Mike,

Did you just wash it and polish it for it to look so good? You stole it for $900. You will have very little work to get it to look like new again and get the conversion completed. My turbo Alpine was that color, with just a touch of green paint in it to darken it a tiny bit. If you´d like pictures of it, just send me an email and I will send you some pictures.

Jose

mferris

Donation Time
Mike - wow - I've spent a *lot* more money and am still working through rust issues. Congratulations!

What I noticed even more than the car's before/after photos was the dramatic change in your garage going along with the before /after photos from picture 18 to 19. I'd be that took as much work as the car itself.

-Mike

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Hi Mike,

Did you just wash it and polish it for it to look so good? You stole it for $900. You will have very little work to get it to look like new again and get the conversion completed. My turbo Alpine was that color, with just a touch of green paint in it to darken it a tiny bit. If you´d like pictures of it, just send me an email and I will send you some pictures.

Jose

Hi Jose, thanks. Yup, pretty much. I could see the Mediterranean Blue underneath the exterior oxidation just by rubbing my thumb into the surface so I knew it was just a matter of polish and wax. I've been using the same brand auto detail products for years, gotta be some of the best around judging by the ease of use and results. Glass and chrome polish, plastic/vinyl/leather treatment, a little gauge needle paint, cold beer, my favorite radio station and hours of sweat is all it took but I loved every minute of it:D

http://autobeautysandiego.com

Oh, sent you an e-mail too, thanks.

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Mike - wow - I've spent a *lot* more money and am still working through rust issues. Congratulations!

What I noticed even more than the car's before/after photos was the dramatic change in your garage going along with the before /after photos from picture 18 to 19. I'd be that took as much work as the car itself.

-Mike

Hi Mike, thanks. Funny you noticed the garage, thanks, that was part of the 'master plan' and yes that was as much work as the car was but NOT fun.

kmathis

Donation Time
Very nice, Mike: Amazing how good the car looks after all of the dirt was washed away. You really did get a good deal on this car. I hope to get mine done soon, so I can come down and compare notes.

Gitnrusty

Donation Time
clutch slave bracket.

Mike, I seem to have missed this site for a couple of weeks. Sorry!
It looks like helijim has stepped up and provided the pictures you asked for.
Car is looking really good. I'm not jealous,,no really..I'm not..No :rolleyes:.

SoCalpine

Donation Time
Wow! That really is some transformation. The color looks great. I might have to invest in some of that magic wonder polish.