• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

AND SO THE FUN BEGINS

alpine_64

Donation Time
Patience, patience. That chapter hasn't been written yet.
There are a lot of details thst doane spencer did that are worth a forward :p

64_Sunbeam_Tiger_DV-06-Q-001.jpg

64_Sunbeam_Tiger_DV-06-Q-03.jpg

30315570013_original.jpg

909714-700-0.jpg

alpine_64

Donation Time
There is nothing on Doanes deal that needs to be applied to this build,he's got a wicker so to speak on the vent to I'm assuming is to create a low pressure area to help the air flow,I considered this on another deal that I did but proved it was a waist of time as with the car at rest and the fan running the flow was pretty substantial possibly with the car moving this changes hense the need for a wicker

Joel.. Wasnt thinking of it from the performance perspective.. Just the aesthetic.... I think while most all doanes stuff was functional he also had a great eye for detail on an aesthetic level...

Id love to cut vents like his into my tiger one day... Not needed.. Just love the way they were done :D

Charles Johns

Donation Time
Joel, thanks for the explanation. Just looking at the pictures it looked like one may need to modify the inner fender wells to get into the engine bay. That could cause the vent passage to take up fender-well space. Obviously that problem if it existed, has been solved. My questions may seem dumb, and they my be, but you have far more experience with this car than me, and I learned long ago...get answers from those who know. The Inter-Web is full of BS answers but this site seems to know FACTS from experience. Having ridden in a Tiger I know how hot one's feet can get here in Texas, and any good looking means to eliminate heat is appreciated.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Joel sent this to me today. Hope this answers questions.

Attachments

• IMG_6447.JPG
    IMG_6447.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 67

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I've said it before but I'll repeat it. You members able to do your cars yourself have my respect. You have the time and skill to do so. Your knowledge and creativity never fails to amaze.

I have a plan for this car which I look forward to driving for many years, along with my blue car.

In the meantime, Joel's posts are like the anticipation of a Christmas present that I get to look under the wraps occasionally.

Fergusonic

Donation Time
Did you move the Battery location from Behind the Pass seat to create more room for exhaust pipe on Pass side? or?

tigretr

Donation Time
Hey Procraft. Nice progress and I like that fuel tank. Probably much better than my ultra expensive fuel safe fuel cell with a bladder in it. Unless I get rear ended. Anything less than 1/4 tank and I can hear air getting into my fuel pump under any form of acceleration. Speaking of an accident. I noticed you mentioned you ran the fuel lines inside the passenger compartment. While I don't doubt your skills, there is a reason factory cars have the lines outside the passenger compartment. If you wrap the car around a tree or get T-boned, fire won't be your only problem but a fuel fire in the cabin could make a survivable accident terminal. Just food for thought. Everyone has a different threshold for safety. Keep up the good work. I love custom stuff.
Brian

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Imho: The newer tank and it's location is a better option than having tanks in the rear fenders or the original tank on the trunk floor. As I understand this tank is certainly an improvement over 1960's era technology.

Again, my opinion only.

tigretr

Donation Time
You sure the hood will close with that cap there? Seems to me the hood comes real low in that region, but it may be just to the right of it that the hood is double walled. Would be a major bummer to build it up only to find out you have an interference. Not one that couldn't be overcome, but never the less, I just figured I would mention it. This brings back memories.

Brian