• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

And now for something completely different

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Tracy,

How about, it almost made me puke. I don´t mind modifying a car, but some folks have all their taste in their mouth. I love the Alpine dash. it conveys all the pertinent information, but looks good at the same time.

Jose

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Every time I see one of these apparitions, I can't help but think how much more valuable my 'original' one is becoming.

64beam

Donation Time
I love a modified vehicle, but some people just miss the point completely. What a mess :eek: .

agmason

Donation Time
I can't help thinking of the time and effort the owner to put into that car and end up with a mess. All that work could have produced a restored car worth far more than that abortion.

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Tracy,

How about, it almost made me puke. I don´t mind modifying a car, but some folks have all their taste in their mouth. I love the Alpine dash. it conveys all the pertinent information, but looks good at the same time.

Jose

Isn't that the worst looking thing going? Jeez, that dash looked cheap and crappy in the Chev pickups!

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
No one has commented on the exhausts that extend out about a foot past the rear bumper. Double as wheelie bars? Only good thing out of this mess is the possibility of picking up the parts taken off and using them to save another car.

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
And once upon a time I was tempted to do something like that.I was really thinking of cutting a shell in half length wise and extending the front by 8 inches.This was to be mounted on an early Dodge Dakota frame.I even went as far as doing drawings with measurements as to make the cuts.This was when I first contemplated doing my Lister clone.As it was once upon a time like a fairy tale I just couldn't bring myself to do it.I'm glad as the car turned out pretty good.

I agree it looks like a horror story out of somebody's nightmare

socorob

Donation Time
he could have at least put it on a 4wd chasis with a V8 while he was ruining the car. Then it could have been turned into a hillclimb/autocross mutt at least. Make it purpose built since youre wasting a shell anyway, kind of like this 4wd hillclimb Zcar in australia. This car is pretty cool though, and they do make a lot of suspension parts for an s10, maybe you could make an alpine that has some chance against evos and wrxs in autox. I hope the floor in it was totally gone like in my parts car, then it wont be as much of a waste.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQjXsvEhLyQ

DavidHodges11

Donation Time
Yes this car needed lot of welding on the floore and x frame. Was pretty bad. I know the local of a s-3 alpine for parts in okc. if anyone in the area needs parts.