• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

And another Sunbeam event cancelled!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
The TEAE United that was to be this August 27-30 is cancelled.
Here is the club president's message

On May 30, 2020 TEAE Board of Directors held a special web conference. After reviewing all the facts and figures, we voted unanimously to cancel United 39 in Greensboro, NC, Aug 27-30, 2020.

As our Flagship event, the United provides that one time each year when we can all gather to enjoy each other’s company and share the passion for our cars. I know I look forward to it and have worked hard to try to make this year the best United ever. The Board weighed a variety of options, but what matters most is the safety and health of our members, their families and loved ones.

Many, if not a majority of our members, are squarely in the high risk group and among the most vulnerable to this disease. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) specifically recommends that any large gatherings of high risk individuals be cancelled. Moreover, the Executive Order issued by the State of North Carolina on 20 May 2020 prohibits the gathering of more than ten people inside and twenty-five people outside. Our host hotel has reopened, but with limited services. North Carolina restaurants are limited to 50% capacity, if open, and the museums we planned to visit are closed. Conditions might improve but, as they currently exist, successfully planning for and executing the United is problematic, if not impossible. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to many wonderful United events in the years ahead.

All those who have registered will receive a refund in full for the UNITED.
If you made hotel reservations, you MUST call the hotel to cancel that. It is being held with your credit card.

The hotel telephone is (336) 294-1800…ask for reservations. I just canceled mine and it was pretty painless. It helps if you have the reservation number, although last and first name will also work. If for some reason you run into major problems canceling, you can send an email to our hotel representative, KJ Morgan. Her email address is kjmorgan@grandover.com She will forward your email to reservations and you will get an email confirmation back once it is canceled. Please be patient with the hotel as they are just starting to open up again after being closed for two months.

Please send me an email at President@teae.org once you have cancelled your hotel reservation.

Thank you. Stay safe and healthy.

Jim Lindner
President, TEAE

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I know that was a hard decision for the club to make, but I think they are wise
in their decision. At least this way we can all be together at future events.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I was really looking forward to the gathering!

But, I understand fully the difficult decision the Club Officers had to make.

All is well here in Sunny South Carolina for my family! Sure pray for the safety of others,

65beam

Donation Time
I called the hotel today to cancel my reservation and they said they aren't open yet. I also cancelled my hotel reservations for two vintage race events. This summer is turning into a real bummer. This would have been 36 years without missing a United or SUNI.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
36 years without missing a United or SUNI.
Bob, You still have a great record.

You are not missing the event .... it is not happening, therefore you can't miss what is not happening.

Of course you are "missing" a gathering that could and should perhaps have been:)

I was looking forward to it also as many others. Next year, Lord willing we can meet again,

mikephillips

Donation Time
I know what you mean Bob, everything I'd wanted to do this summer and into the fall have been cancelled. I understand why, but that doesn't make the days any more fun...

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Well we can all work on our cars and get them ready for the SUNI next year in Kansas! It will be great seeing everyone again and to see a lot of Sunbeams in one place.

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
There are some events planned locally which we will have to opt for. The Vintage races are still on @ Road America Sept 19 weekend. See how things open up in the next couple of months. In the mean time it's garage time!

65beam

Donation Time
Everything here is now open. We just haven't been anywhere this year, We've missed the Invasion, Carlisle Import in May, yesterday I had to cancel the hotel reservation for the Mid Ohio SVRA in three weeks, cancelled the hotel for the Pittsburgh Vintage in six weeks, haven't seen anything concerning the Dayton show and now the United is cancelled. The Carlisle Import is rescheduled for late August so we switched those reservations. Jean said yesterday that we need to make a trip somewhere this fall. Anyone know about the fall vintage at The Glen?