• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

"Ambitious project"

Alpineracer8

Donation Time
What conversion? If that's a TAC'able firewall and tunnel (it wouldn't be the first to be TAC'd), it will be the real thing when its restored.

I agree with you all; I imagine the new owner probably bought this pile to get the VIN, the JAL tag and all the other stuff you guys mentioned. But...the VIN was listed in the ad and the ad clearly showed a car beyond reasonable repair. Since the VIN is now known, don't you guys think that it would raise a few eyebrows if it surfaces again on a newly restored car? Don't kid yourselves...the TAC folks follow this sort of thing and I would surely think it would raise a lot of questions should this VIN magically show up on a car as if nothing had ever happened to it. I'm quite certain that the Tiger registry has probably already been updated for this particular VIN from the information in the Ebay ad and, because of that, this dark chapter in its history will be available to any future prospective buyers who care to look.

For my money, this car is dead and should remain dead...

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Ambitious project

To my way of thinking, one less Tiger makes everybody else's Tiger worth more. I do not advocate crashing and burning Tigers for that purpose. I hope the owner/driver came out of the accident OK and I agree whomever it is is grieving the loss. All of us have more time and money in our Sunbeams than we'd care to admit and the loss of one is sad indeed.:(

65beam

Donation Time
project

this is not for the sake of an argument but if you go to e bay you will find for sale a tiger trans tunnel, X frame pieces and other tiger specific parts. wonder what will happen to those parts? if you follow the UK sites you will find they are anti TAC. there are also tiger owners that don't care if they have a TAC number. there are some that know that rebodies have been given a TAC number. there were photos posted a few days ago on the CAT forum of a burned tiger that was brought back. I've talked recently with a guy that needs everything forward of the fire wall. we talked about one of my alpine bodies that is solid and waiting for a new home. anything can be repaired if you use the heart and soul of it.

jimfai

Donation Time
many many car adds get canceled early on ebay, i know of several regular sellers that do this as a way of avoiding the fees and getting a lot of advertisement first. more cars seem to sell off ebay after the auction is canceled or doesn't make reserve all the time. if you want to find out what happened email the seller and ask them?