• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alternative Alpine Seats

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi All:

What kinds of seats are any of you using other than stock Alpine seats? I saw some very nice examples of alternative seats last year at the Invasion, but I don't remember who had them or what kind they were. Any help will be appreciated.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi All:

What kinds of seats are any of you using other than stock Alpine seats? I saw some very nice examples of alternative seats last year at the Invasion, but I don't remember who had them or what kind they were. Any help will be appreciated.

Paul, I believe there is a guy up north that uses an early 90's Subaru seat.

Bill

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Paul,

It all depends on whether you want to stay with a similar looking period style seat or go with something from another car completely. Personally, I prefer to keep it within the style of the car. The Harrington style seats look great and offer better side support or even a pair of Cobra Classic seats which look similar (I'd love a set of the Classic seats myself).

Regards, Robin.

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I just bought some nice seats from a 2004 Kia Rio. Pull the head rests off and will be having them recovered. But they fit nice and I find them way more comfortable than my other Alpine.

Unfortunately it will be the end of this year or early next year before I get to really try the new seats out. I am still just a shell on the way to a nice paint job.

bashby

Donation Time
1990 Mazda Miata Seats

My S-V has a set of 1990 Mazda Miata seats in it (I bought it that way), they sit a little higher but fit well.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Seats

My S-V has a set of 1990 Mazda Miata seats in it (I bought it that way), they sit a little higher but fit well.

Hey, I would love to see a photo. Do you have any that you can post?
Andrew

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Here are some photos of 1990 Miata Seats in my S-V

I am unable to access the photos. Would be kind enough to send them as an attachment to my email? You can find it the Members List under Paul A

thanks!

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I am unable to access the photos. Would be kind enough to send them as an attachment to my email? You can find it the Members List under Paul A

thanks!

Paul
I had to log in to be able to see them.
fantastic weather but no time to go driving
Took the 62 out Wednesday.so easy to leave some rubber behind so I will have to be a little ligter on the pedal

am99ey

Gold Level Sponsor
Bashby, how did you install those miata seats. Would be interesting to hear abou your experience on installation. We have many accidents here caused by careless people (phoning or playing with MP3 or other things) smashing into cars waiting at the traffic light. A nasty thing without a head protection.

bashby

Donation Time
Miata Seats

The seat mounting points on the front match up, the rears needed a spacer since the Miata (I think) has a flat floor and the Alpine's do not. The bottom cushion is thicker but I am looking into removing the back from the Miata seats and putting them on the reupholstered Alpine cushions.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Seats

It would be cool to see a set of 911 Porsche seats in an Alpine. A older set of these seats would be best, around 1980-1986. I would think these seats would sit very flat to the floor and provide good headroom.

The UK miata seats out of the early cars would be cool as the headrest was added to the seat. I think all the North American cars had the headrest and seat all as a single unit.

There is a Alpine on ebay/UK for sale right now with the Miata seats. Check it out, the car has a Toyota engine. Here is the link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUNBEAM-ALPINE-GREEN_W0QQitemZ160232246972QQihZ006QQcategoryZ100931QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Andrew

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
The UK miata seats out of the early cars would be cool as the headrest was added to the seat. I think all the North American cars had the headrest and seat all as a single unit.
Andrew

Thats not quite true.I have the seats from the Mustang II in the 62 and the head rests are attached by bolts.This is coverd by the back panel.I would say it is easy to eliminate the head rest but I like the added safety .