• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine with 302 automatic

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
This POST is for Fonz and his re-creation of a very rusty normally considered beyond restoring Alpine that He has taken on as a Project ALGER.

Admiration is give to Him and anyone that would even start such a Project.

SAOCA Motto: Keep'em-on-the-Road is at work:)

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yup. A series II that started at $2800, reduced to $1600 and went unsold. Car can now be had for $850 BIN (still high, IMO).

1963 Sunbeam Alpine | eBay

BTW, Ono is in Pennsylvania, not Panama ..... about 20 minutes from me.

M ..... v

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
anyone Familiar with the design of the 1950s-60s ford "Y" block (272-312) ? too bad there are no exhaust manifolds of that design to fit a 302 ! they point upward to the log instead of downward, therefore no Frame interference. The "STOCK" tiger manifolds, How far do they "protrude outward" from the Head towards the frame ??? anyone got one to MEASURE ?? Thanks

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
The fastest Sunbeam I have owned was the Tiger clone (Alger) I owned for a few years back in the early 2000's. I installed a 302 with a stage 2 Comp cam, fueled it with an Edelbrock 1406. The power was delivered through a Ford C3 automatic. I tweaked the suspension a bit with stiffer shocks - don't ask me brand or number - but I think Koni's. It was a very nice car.

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
The fastest Sunbeam I have owned was the Tiger clone (Alger) I owned for a few years back in the early 2000's. I installed a 302 with a stage 2 Comp cam, fueled it with an Edelbrock 1406. The power was delivered through a Ford C3 automatic. I tweaked the suspension a bit with stiffer shocks - don't ask me brand or number - but I think Koni's. It was a very nice car.
The flat black ones pretty quick too. If I say so myself.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
was that even a '63 ?? with that trunk ? has to be "series 2", mine has the other (Later trunk) and is a 63 series3.
Yes, the Alpine pic'd in the eBay auction is a Series II, as stated in the following post. Series II and Series 3 were both in production in 1963.

Sound familiar, Fonz?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The "year" and Series designation are not tightly related. In a lot of states, the year of the car was designated by the state and it was the year the car was titled. My first car was a a 1963 Series II. Not only was it a Series II, it was a very early model, complete with grease gun in the tool kit, probably assembled in late '61. Sold in September '63.

Bill