• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine wheel stud pattern

mattinoz

Donation Time
What is the the stub pattern size. My quick measurement says PCD of 110 so 4x 110? I see lots of modern cars with 4 x100 and 4 x 114.3 but very few if any with 4 x 110

mattinoz

Donation Time
Thanks RR. I did say quick measurement so was open to correction, thank you. A steel ruler across the studs was bound to be inaccurate. So 4 x 108mm it is :D

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Yes 4x108, same as all the old english fords and us mustangs.

Not quite, at least as far as mustangs go.

Mustang 1s and some other mid sized fords ran a 4 on 4.5 pattern for their 4 lug wheel versions. Mustang IIs had 4 X 4.25.

In the early 70s ford had both wheel types but never on the same vehicle range.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bolt pattern for Alpines

What is the the stub pattern size. My quick measurement says PCD of 110 so 4x 110? I see lots of modern cars with 4 x100 and 4 x 114.3 but very few if any with 4 x 110

Butting in on this.... I thanks all the guys (gals) for the help I received here at the Forum!

When looking for some wheels that would fit my '67 SV this is where I received much info and made the decision to change from wire 13" to mag 15".

I purchased a set of wheels from Rons Wheels that fir the bill!

They are 4 Bolt 4.25 (108mm) fitted with 195 V55 15's.
Very nice looking and I have good clearance all around.

RR helps much with his knowledge of the Sunbeam:D

DanR

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
The Fox body mustangs used 4X4.25, the tire size needed to get the 15" under the Sunbeams would just about have to be 205/60/15 tire:cool:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
The Fox body mustangs used 4X4.25, the tire size needed to get the 15" under the Sunbeams would just about have to be 205/60/15 tire:cool:

George, why that particular size? Seems time that would me max. What's wrong with 195/60 or 185/65 orDan's 195/55?

Bill

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
Bill,
I'm sure George was assuming that we would want the largest tire possible. I have 195/60 15's and they work fine.

Just an FYI - I bought my panasports used from an Alfa owner. There are several other makes that used 4 x 108. Do your homework, and you might save some money!

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
On most stock cars the front tires would scrap the front valance, but over the years that spot on our cars Tigers and Alpines have been modified by someone in the past, sometimes you can not even see were it was done! :cool:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Your Choice....

George, why that particular size? Seems time that would me max. What's wrong with 195/60 or 185/65 orDan's 195/55?

Bill

I used the 195/55/15 because of the compatibility of the revolutions of the tire/wheel as compared to the 13" STOCK WHEEL.

SOMEONE (ON THE FORUM or Internet) SENT ME A CALULATOR WHERE YOU COULD ENTER YOUR PRESENT TIRE/WHEEL CONFIGURATION THEN ENTER WHAT YOU WANTED AND IT WOULD FURNISH YOU WITH DATA COMPATABLE WITH YOUR SPEED-O-METER. MY CALUCATIONS GAVE ME "ABOUT 1 AND 1/2 MILES" READING ABOVE THE STOCK READING.

Sounded good to me!

Happy Touring,

DanR

P.S. I'll try to find the Data Calculator. Send me a PM if you would like it.

Ragg Mopp

Donation Time
I just switched from the 13's to 15 X 6 wheels and put 185-60-15 tires on and they fit without interference with the front valence. I was trying to get a larger diameter tire to reduce my engine RPM's slightly when running down the road and didn't care if my speedo was slightly off.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Wire Wheel Hub Conversion ?

#13 08-23-2011
Here it is folks:

Back in Aug this year Artic Cat posted this comment and added a site for enlightenment:D

Quote : my 88 mustang wheels fit fine (15x7), but the tires did not. once you have a wheel in mind get the right size tire using this calculator. Unquote!

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html

I used this to determine what my "new set of wheel/tires" would be.

Give it a try!

Happy Touring,

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Your Tire/wheel Pick Did This....

I just switched from the 13's to 15 X 6 wheels and put 185-60-15 tires on and they fit without interference with the front valence. I was trying to get a larger diameter tire to reduce my engine RPM's slightly when running down the road and didn't care if my speedo was slightly off.

If your old tire/wheel was 165 70 13 and your New tire/wheel is 185 60 15

Your speed-o-dometer at 70 you are traveling 75.22 MPH....

DanR

alpine_64

Donation Time
Just an FYI - I bought my panasports used from an Alfa owner. There are several other makes that used 4 x 108. Do your homework, and you might save some money!

While there are many cars that run the 108 (4.25) pattern the issue is the wheels while they will fit will not be the correct offset. The alpines have an unusual offset that levaes them with quite a shallow rim depth to the outside. Other rims often run a deeper dish.. and while this looks good on the alpines it sets the wheel out further.. this is often why you see the front wheels of alpines/tigers sticking out way beyond the guards even though they are not wide wheels. It also changes the steering a bit and can cause the tyre to grab the leading edge of the front guard/valence.

Im not saying you cant use the wheels.. you just need to be careful.. they will work but do change the steering a little and can change the body if you are not careful! :cool:

Dzynr_Ron

Silver Level Sponsor
I found a used set of MSR 17" wheels with a 45 series tire that within less than 1% matched my stock tire. fronts work fine clears everywrhere from lock to lock. but rears need spaced out. To me you really need two different offsets, the rears sit so far inside relative to fronts. I am spacing out the rears 20mm and going to 'roll the fender' to ensure a miss...I use the calculator on the miata.net site...also think tire rack has one too... will post a pic of new shoes test fitted when I get it up on a host.