• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Values?

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
When I first purchased my ser ll , stock, worn out, at 4300 US I took it to state farm insurance, they told me to double my price for insurane purposes. So I setteled at 9500 US. After about 8 years and almost 8000 US invested,, I had a very highly qualified person check it out and said to insure it for @22,000US. Get it back for sale no way, but glad to have it and have up graded to more than just a show car to a real runner. What is a car worth? Who knows.
My 2.875p
Chuck and The Pumpkin

You have to be careful what you got here. There is normal insurance, "stated value" and "agreed value." With normal insurance, they will only pay you what the market value (read: what they say it is). With "agreed value" they set the premiums and pay you based on that agreed value - i.e., they AGREE to the value. But, on "stated value" all that happens is that you STATE the value but they have not "agreed" to it. So, if you make a claim, they still have the ability to argue that market value is different than what you stated. So, be careful in what you think you have versus what you really have.

65beam

Donation Time
insurance values

that's what i like about hagerty.i found years ago that insuring with some of the normal companies doesn't get it! i found out the hard way when an 18 year old backed his dad's pickup into the front of my harrington. his insurance paid the repairs,but i found that state farm would not pay what it took to fix it if the other guy didn't.we have a value of 22000 on the blue series 5 and 28000 on the red harrington.this should cover most repairs.the other three with hagerty have set values also.make sure you're covered enough to get them back on the road if something happens such as the flood that four of our cars set thru in 1997.( two harringtons,a series 5,and a series 1)