• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine V Mod... Dropped in an 285 HP S2K

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Jay, Nice S2000. Have a buddy with one that runs very well!

You mention the Tiger running hot and how to stop air passage around the radiator by blocking all the holes, etc. I've seen all sorts of methods and material utilized for that sort of thing. I found some heavy black plastic panels 1/8" thick smooth on one side and a wood grain pattern on the other that I make blocking panel for the holes around the horns. Very simple to made, cut a piece of cardboard to fit as you like them cut the heavy material to match. I utilized one of the bolt holes not being used next to the radiator for mounting.

Additionally I found some rubber sheeting, cut to about 8" x 24" and fitted down under and in front of the radiator to block air from by passing the radiator. Works great for my V6

Attachments

• Blocking air flow around the radiator    20180821_090044.jpg
    Blocking air flow around the radiator 20180821_090044.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 57

ryanneptune

Donation Time
It is hard to tell from the picture showing your radiator. But here is a lesson from the Tiger world. ALL the holes around and under the radiator need to be blocked off, so that the air has nowhere to go but through the radiator. This includes the holes on the sides for the horn and making a plate that closes off the bottom under the radiator - so the air that goes through the lower holes goes up to the radiator. I know you said you are not having cooling issues. Maybe you already did this. Maybe you just haven't had a long hot day of driving. Maybe your fan is working overtime and would appreciate the help.

BTW, here is our S2000 engined car, full Mugen equip:

View attachment 11599
No worries and thank you. I will make adjustments as needed. Engine is fully equipped with blue driver vehicle monitoring that uploads to my phone in real time while I am driving and I can pull reports anytime needed and set perimeters just in case, but not too worried the unit is spec'd to keep it cool regardless but as you say we shall see. Looking to turbo it this spring to pull 500+ out of it... At least my kids want me too ;)

ryanneptune

Donation Time
It is hard to tell from the picture showing your radiator. But here is a lesson from the Tiger world. ALL the holes around and under the radiator need to be blocked off, so that the air has nowhere to go but through the radiator. This includes the holes on the sides for the horn and making a plate that closes off the bottom under the radiator - so the air that goes through the lower holes goes up to the radiator. I know you said you are not having cooling issues. Maybe you already did this. Maybe you just haven't had a long hot day of driving. Maybe your fan is working overtime and would appreciate the help.

BTW, here is our S2000 engined car, full Mugen equip:

View attachment 11599
Ya 105 degree day and she still run absolutely perfect with the electric fan ZERO need to do anything like you suggest on keeping her cool that engine is efficient and the electric fan kick on as I set it at 205 and it rarely goes on...and its now roughly roughly 600HP and I say that because I tuned each gear now separately to keep the wheels from spinning "too" much 1st gear has no more than 350HP and each gear jumps near 100HP till 4th gear and I left 5th and 6th to stay at 600 it runs 50/50 front to back wheels exactly. I truly am shooting for another project exactly like this one... but stronger, cleaner, and way too fast and agile for any Tiger. I won't be doing any more upgrades to this one as it was my Dads and I refuse to modify anything that can't be factory reversed. as I have not cut or touched a thing so far (Although I never will) This car is truly a Neptune-Martin Sunbeam it has tuning capability of over 700hp but no need she lights up just fine va%JFzg2SqWV9IeOXY9eig.jpgx8PxbE%TSVy%dowo47wbeQ.jpg

ryanneptune

Donation Time
That's pretty dang spiffy. Weight comparison between engines? How much creative wiring/ECU work was there to do?
Depends what you mean by creative... I creatively built a schematic first and a subsequent entire harness that hooked directly into every original mechanic gauge in the cluster found was not hard to do actually if you know how to read and work a computer... I bought a special ecu tuner cost me about 1k but now I can do anything we want with it she sits 49.8% back wheels and 50.2% front and total weight is 2300lbs So I am 500lbs lighter than a stock s2000 and what 150lbs more than a stock Alpinew%v%zjXLQ9SAP%M%PwKDOw.jpg

ryanneptune

Donation Time
I think we're going to need a little write-up on this! After you're done, of course... Looks like it was meant to go in there.
Q1i2AIulTE2rlltGSG5fzA.jpg
Are they the replica (17" version) of the prototype LAT wheels that Bill Martin did for Bill Doolittle?
Yes these are same as Doolittle’s, Bill hooked me up with these... this engine swap actually was Martin’s brainchild that he goated me into and could not be happier