• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine & Tiger Radios

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Were all the radios installed in Alpines & Tigers by dealers once the cars arrived in the US? Or were they installed at the factory before shipping here? Is there a specific make/model of radio that was installed? I have seen aftermarket surround reproductions. Are they still being made? Any help with information will be much appreciated.
Rick

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I just sold on on ePay . There's a couple of Radiomobile ones. A couple of guys repop the big one one in the UK the other in AU . I haven't been shopping lately or seeing much activity from them but they're casing is made out of plastic. They look great but you have to take them out if you want to do anything under the dash. My latest car came with a radio mounted in it but it was a later Japanese AM/FM. In the small stamped steel late version holder. Fortunately I had found one some time ago with the Motorola plastic box speaker on eBay locally, back in the days when it was easy to snipe a out of eBay transaction. The later plastic boxes and the single small stamped steel were correct for the later cars. Although others list the big box one with a 5x7 speaker hanging directly below with the millboard enclosure. 15986395347212083834248738803198.jpg