• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Series 2 Fuel Sender unit

BERNARD ROSE

Donation Time
Looking for a replacement sender unit for my '61 Alpine Series 2. I had the tank refurbished last fall, and when I unwrapped it to reinstall it, I realized that the unit was gone. I realize that Sports and Classics offer one that fits, but they are not good at returning messages, and I thought I would check with the group to see if someone has one available.

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
I got one from Sports and Classics last week, just order it on line and you'll have it in a couple days.

BERNARD ROSE

Donation Time
I got one from Sports and Classics last week, just order it on line and you'll have it in a couple days.
That what I'll probably do. Does it come with the gasket? In my case, I am in Canada, and it takes longer, and the brokerage fees can be very high. I have a US post office box, but the border is closed so I don't have access.

loose_electron

Donation Time
The replacement one fits the tank, Before you put it all together, make sure that you fit the arm length and bend angle to fit the full range of motion inside the tank. After that, make sure that the full swing of the float correlates to the E - F points on the fuel gauge. I used Speed Hut gauges and they can adjust for the setup. The original gauges may be a different story.