• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine or Capri rear diff?

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
I just don’t know these cars well enough to know what I have and internet searching has helped me.

Thanks in advance.

26D86F9F-DC9C-4282-8E7C-E89C6DE86632.jpeg 07AA03E3-EFB6-45CB-AA69-91B111F83FD3.jpeg

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Alpine did not have bolt on rear cover. They were banjo type. Not familiar with the Capri. Is it the same as as the 6 3/4" Pinto rear? A picture of the rear cover straight on with bolt count may help.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
More info, The early V6 Capri used the 7.25" Atlas axle. It would have an 11 bolt EDIT: 10 bolt cover. The later Fox body used the Ford 7.5" with a 10 bolt cover. The Pinto 6.75" axle has an 8 bolt cover.

Last edited:

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
I miscounted on the Atlas it is 10 bolts also, but more rounded top and bottom than the 7.5 Ford. Here is a picture:1.180416fordcapriatlasaxle.jpg

NorCal

Silver Level Sponsor
The previous owner said the engine, trans and rear were from the Capri. However, he didn’t build the car, so I don’t fully trust what he has told me.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Looks very likley to be a Capri or Capri II rear axle assy. The unused rear swaybar mounts are right where they should be.
The ebrake pully also is where it would be.