• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine odds and ends

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'd be happy to sell for gas $ . I did my share this weekend but only drove one car.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
The battery hold down that is if you need a picture of the rubber parts I can add them.

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
Well, now, California gas is a bit closer to $4.00 a gal, so we're down to a tank and a half maybe. But miles per gallon would make the Alpine $$ worth more, yes? Good luck Warren, just giving you a bad time.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
That's okay I did burn at least 15 gallons this weekend though. I don't run super because my aluminum heads stay nice and cool and regular suits them just fine. Gas is $3.05 a gallon at Costco in fountain valley yet a 2 mi from gasoline refineries it's 3:15 in Torrance.
Some of us like to turn this into a let's bash on California and I'd be happy to jump right on that pig pile if I didn't have to go out and work in the sun, with shorts on today.
But I do get about 22to 25 miles a gallon, if I want that kind of gas mileage I have to go out with the bug eyes and not the AH 3000s as they drive much faster.

I'm accepting counter offers on the part. If it wasn't for Limey I'd of picked a much lower price. If it's at the buddy local price it's usually less $ than can spend on gas in a weekend.
I don't take the Tigers to Costco.

65beam

Donation Time
Well, now, California gas is a bit closer to $4.00 a gal, so we're down to a tank and a half maybe. But miles per gallon would make the Alpine $$ worth more, yes? Good luck Warren, just giving you a bad time.
FYI, California ranks second in the nation when it comes to the amount of state excise tax per gallon of gasoline. Pennsylvania is number one. Take away the excise tax and gas would be cheap. The federal tax is the same for all states. There are some UDF stores in Columbus selling 87 octane for $1.88 per gallon and there is pricing as low as $1.75 per gallon in the Cincinnati area. I'm not bashing anybody or any state concerning pricing or taxes. I just have to deal with this business on a daily basis and based on where a load is being delivered determines the selling price. A further complication concerning gas price is whether the fuel is sold on a gross or net basis. Net pricing is what could be called temperature based pricing and is sold that way in some states. It's a strange business.

Last edited:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I don't really care about eBay prices screw them and screw the state of California adding sales tax on used stuff.
I pay the same amount to register my Tiger as my CT110 Honda. I totally know I shouldn't complain because at least it's they're not charging me what they think the value is on the car for use tax.

I get it nobody will know that you have a battery hold down unless they yank your carpet up to look and see so It's more of a time and trouble to pack the thing and thing up and mail it right now.

65beam

Donation Time
I don't really care about eBay prices screw them and screw the state of California adding sales tax on used stuff.
I pay the same amount to register my Tiger as my CT110 Honda. I totally know I shouldn't complain because at least it's they're not charging me what they think the value is on the car for use tax.

I get it nobody will know that you have a battery hold down unless they yank your carpet up to look and see so It's more of a time and trouble to pack the thing and thing up and mail it right now.
Warren,
If you're asking $75.00 ,that's not a bad price. I sold one for more than that.