• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine FP race car. Seeking History

GT350Jack

Donation Time
Greetings and Salutations,

This is my first post, so if I am not in the correct place, please let me know.
I have recently acquired a Sunbeam Alpine. It was found in a back yard and has been sitting for quite some time. I was responsible for clearing the property and removing this Alpine seemed like just another car to part out.
Upon closer examination I realized this car has been on the track. If you look at my handle, you will note that I am first and foremost, a car guy.
We found the roll bar, a set of magnesium Libre wheels and closer digging within the house revealed two pictures of the car. They were dated 1965. The driver/owners' name was Don Hamre. We now have several pictures, the car, some spares and his helmet. I have not been able to find any more information, but I know it must be out there. It was a red Alpine with a black roll bar and raced under #28. There is one picture of Don holding a checkered flag and another picture of the car on the track. This was in what we believe, was NorCal, but I can't identify the track. I suspect Cotati. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. I would post the pictures, but I am not up to speed on this forum of how to do that.
Cheers,
Jack

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jack,

Steve Silverstein tracks the alpine race cars, I will pass your info on.

PM me your details.