• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine DB5 comparison

Wayne67vert

Donation Time
Is it just me that sees a likeness between these 2 cars.
d9d85b0c364c771903a39442b0ecf43f6e82b7c3.jpg

690x-

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Wayne, What is the MFg for the Blue Car? I really like the bumper and the side vent!! Rather beautiful lines.

Slainte

Donation Time
Years ago, I was soundly mocked by local British car club guys when I mentioned the resemblance. I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Don't think you'd ever mistake one for the other, but the rear of the Series IV was designed by the same
design house that did the Aston.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan: maybe that side vent would be an easier one to duplicate than the LAT one you have been working on!

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Aston faired in head lamps would look wonderful on an Alpine! Like on the Thermal Efficiency Le Mans Alpine

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I must admit the nose of the debt is prettier than the sunbeam, although the thermal efficiency model does have a similar look.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
I've actually said on this site more than once that I think the Alpine looks more like an Aston Martin than a T-Bird.

However, if you look at the original design by Kenneth Howes, it doesn't look like either!

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
The Palos Verdes concourse grouped by liter motors.
a 289 MK2 was in the same class as a car that was way more $ new . Going up against a DB5 and an ISO Grifo as I recall. Alpine would have never been in the same class due to engine size and a Tiger should not have been.
Just a point of interest for y'all