• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Body Color

Best Car Color

• Red

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Black

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Silver

• Blue

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • White

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Green

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Charcoal Grey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yellow

• Other

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Poll Choice....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
No, it is horrible. Some colors are unrecognizable and other colors are missing. Anybody that chooses a color based on the chart will be very surprised. Rootes colors tend to be "muddy", but that chart takes muddy to a new level. Embassy Black is probably okay.

Bill

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
No, it is horrible. Some colors are unrecognizable and other colors are missing. Anybody that chooses a color based on the chart will be very surprised. Rootes colors tend to be "muddy", but that chart takes muddy to a new level. Embassy Black is probably okay.

Bill
Bill, I wasn't commenting on the colors displayed - heck, on a computer NO color is correct. What I was commenting on was the fact that all the codes were listed... that's very handy indeed.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Bill, I wasn't commenting on the colors displayed - heck, on a computer NO color is correct. What I was commenting on was the fact that all the codes were listed... that's very handy indeed.
I agree that no computer color is correct, but they are generally much closer than that color chart. May I correct myself to say much, much closer. I did not do an exhaustive search, but I was unable to find #19, Moonstone.

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
One of My Alpines has a Rootes Maroon Code 70 it is not listed either. I know what a lot of discussion has been about it not being a Standard Colour. My friend Kirby ordered 70 for his SIV while he was stationed in the UK, watched it come down the assembly. Drove it for the time while stationed there.

The Colour code 70 is listed in a paint list by Rootes also that is included on our site.

Attachments

• DSC00334.JPG
    DSC00334.JPG
    241.9 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC00338.JPG
    DSC00338.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 18

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
No worries as we are talking any color and not limited to factory colors, thus the reason for putting this up in the Modified section. Isn't it funny how almost all the 2019-2020 colors have gone back to look like something out of the 50's?

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor

Bill

Bill,

I believe the reason those color boxes are so far off and just overall bad is they are PICTURES of a section of a car of each color. Think about the many different variables that would introduce into any given display of a listed color. With that in mind, I'll bet you can tell that some of those "samples" look like they may have been taken of a car under a tree in dappled shade.

I tried to go through the site looking for the color code 08. The color of Alpine non body color wheels and a Husky. The first mention I found was for the early 70's. That's a full ten years, or more, of use without any mention of the 08 code. While I was looking, I did see an invitation to send in a pic of a car in a color that is not listed. Think I'll pass.

Just a thought,

Don

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
I was running errands today and as a joke pointed to an orange colored car and asked my passenger "What do you thing about that color?"
The reply caught me off gaurd. Yes! then you can call your car SUNKIST
LMAO

Fergusonic

Donation Time
I kinda like looking at vehicles' colors while out driving around or going to a car show. Going to a car lot on a Sunday and looking at colors while not being bothered by a Salesman is interesting . I think I'm stuck on 2019 GM Silverado RedHot for my Darkside Alpine.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
That is a nice red, but if I had to choose I would go with a more candy apple Red like this car.Mazda Red.jpg