• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Aftermarket Steering Wheels

bkasl

Bronze Level Sponsor
What aftermarket steering wheels are available to fit a S2 Alpine? I am looking for something more rigid and heavier grip. I purchased a rally wheel for my Imp and have never regretted it. Brent

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Brent,

There are a number of steering wheels that could fit as long as you can get a boss kit. The best would have to be Moto Lita (UK), but you will pay BIG dollars, I have a Mountney (UK) on mine. Both offer many options. If you want a nice leather feel Moto Lita wheels are very well made.

Regards, Robin.

skywords

Donation Time
I have a Series I with the stock wheel and a Series II with an aftermarket wheel /wood grip aluminum spokes (came with the car). My wife loves it, I hate it. The oringinal is about 1.5" larger in Diameter, makes a world of difference. Rootes paid very smart engineers with pocket protectors and slip sticks to engineer the steering in these cars. They achieved one of the most delightfully nimble automobiles ever made. Why change that? I will buy your stock wheel for a very fair price if it is in good shape.

If I were to buy a aftermarket wheel I would buy from SS /Rick will make sure you get one that works.

Rick