• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Adjusting Door Glass

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
Anyone have information on adjustments for the door windows? I thought there was a thread here just a little while back discussing this, but I can't find it now. The WSM doesn't cover it at all...unless I'm looking in the wrong place... which is entirely possible. I'v been looking for over an hour using the Google site:sunbeam...yadayada.. used all sorts of different search terms and got nothing.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
The reason I was asking if you were doing more than one top is I have both Hard Top and soft tops for my '67 SV. I adjusted the windows to fit my Hard Top first then went to the soft. I did make some minor adjustments for better fitting of the soft top, then went back to the Hard Top for and corrections.
After a lot of adjustments I was finally satisfied. As for the how to "make the adjustments" I am looking for the details I found from the UK Sunbeam Alpine Club. I'll send as soon as I can find them.
Mean while, there are some small bolts in the bottom of the doors that are used for making the adjustments (8mm heads if I remember correctly). If you haven't cleaned and applied WD40 be careful and not strip them due to rust.
Send me your E-mail and I’ll send you some PIC’s. Maybe someone here of the Forum will add some instructions before I get back to you,
DanR

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I deleted what I wrote and the "ARTICLE" I found because I could not upload the PIC of the DOOR

Cut the chase and go to POST 14 where Mike Hartman "uploaded" the Article I was referring to.

Thanks Mike!

DanR

Last edited:

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
This write-up looks familiar. It must be the one I saw earlier, but couldn't find when I looked yesterday. I especially remember the part where all the bolts are labeled a, b, c, ect.. My windows aren't THAT far off.. they appear to be perfect in/out....
The biggest problem with the drivers door glass is it stops about 1/4"-3/8" down. I know there has to be a limit adjustment...I just couldn't find it. From the article it looks like it's going to be screw "H" and can only be seen with the window 2/3's up.
The passenger glass will crank up 1/2" or more too high and is tilted up at the rear. If I can level it and drop the stop, it will be good

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bikes.... you are on to the correct article. Study it closely and you will get where you want.

I just can't up load the PIC of the door. The PIC of the door is a R,H. SV with the window about 2/3 up....

Best wishes,

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Bikes.... you are on to the correct article. Study it closely and you will get where you want.

I just can't up load the PIC of the door. The PIC of the door is a R,H. SV with the window about 2/3 up....

Best wishes,

Thanks for posting this Dan. I too, have a problem with my Series V window fit.
It would be great to see the pictures though, is there any way you could e-mail them to me?
Thanks,
Alan

lord_rootes

Donation Time
Ok, here it is. It's a little primitive but it was very hard to see the original diagram (had to use a magnifying glass). Probably could do a better one with more time but I think this will be good enough to use with the instructions.

Attachments

• Alpine Door 001.jpg
    Alpine Door 001.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 57

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
This may not be the correct thread but I have a window question.

I am doing a V6 conversation on a SerI Alpine. My window supports are cracked, which I understand is how all ser I window supports end up.

But - I have a very sad Ser V that has good window supports and winding mech. Is it possible to replace the entire Ser I window mech with a Ser V ?

I have not taken any measurements on the Ser I or Ser V before asking this question so I am asking without any knowledge.

John in Colorado

65beam

Donation Time
glass

no. the windshield sets at a different angle and the frames are different , your doors have no provisions for the wing windows, window regulators are entirely different and bolt in different places , windows are different sizes and shape, etc. a set of series 3 or 4 doors would bolt on since they are round corner doors but you would need to replace the series 1 windshield frame and glass with one from a series 3 thru 5. also would need the series 3 thru 5 top frame. major job!

Last edited:

Fordtootsie

Donation Time
65beam Thanks

I have a Ser 5 windshield, windshield frame, windows and window regulators.

OK, before I give up - if I could engineer the attach points required it could work??

John in Colorado

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Fordtootsie, Can you identify the piece you are looking to replace in this TECH Publication: SAOCA Parts Manual Alpine Series I - V BODY FITTINGS SI-II PLATE B - SECTION YV ?

DanR