• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

A request of our Australian members

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Since you live in the future, please let us know if fire starts raining down from the sky. If tomorrow is truly the end, I want to take my Alpine out for one last drive.

Maya_Dec21_21.jpg

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
We are okay here in Seattle, Raining like crazy so any fires will be quickly damped. Never the less, a short heads up would be appreciated.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jim,

Good news... the world didnt end. i guess we shouldn't have worried.. i mean hard to trust the mayan predictions, how could they see the end of the world coming and not the spanish?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Jim,

Good news... the world didnt end. i guess we shouldn't have worried.. i mean hard to trust the mayan predictions, how could they see the end of the world coming and not the spanish?

They misinterpreted the sun shining off the Spanish armor. Thought it was the second coming of Christ, a minor holiday on their calendar.

Bill

bashby

Donation Time
And they were a little busy, the Spanish erradicated them and the culture...they had other things on their minds than to continue a calendar.

agmason54

Donation Time
The Mayans were long gone before the Spanish arrived If Monteczuma was not such a pussy he could have ran them all off. Read 'Atez' by Gary Jennings
It's a comparable read to 'Forrest Gump' and 'Little Big Man' where the main charactor moved in and out of the historical facts going on at the time.
Agm