• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

a noob question about SIII tops..

ccrunner

Donation Time
Hey guys- I've tried to find this info but have been unsuccessful..

I'm very interested in finding a Series 3, and am uncertain about the options/combos on the tops..

If I have this right, an "ST" (sports tourer) came with only a soft top... A GT came with only a steel hard top..

So my question- is it possible to retrofit/modify either car to truly have both tops (as it seems the other models have)? Maybe I'd need the softtop model (ST), and just find a hard top that will simply bolt on? :confused:

I know this must seem a pretty basic question, but there a several little nuances about each year/model that I'm still learning..

thanks-

ccrunner

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
The hardtop will fit onto the sports without a problem. I believe it was offered as an option.

To converts a GT to accept a soft top you would need to install the frame, soft top plus hinged metal covers. You would also need to de-install the GT parts.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Steve is correct - a Series 3 ST with the optional hardtop gives you the best of both worlds.