• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

A Le Mans nearly ready to go

Mark B

Donation Time
I had the chance with the weather getting nice to go to a local Brit repair shop and saw tucked in the corner a Harrington Le Mans body and associated parts. This car was dismantled and repainted about 12 years ago and the last time I saw it in this shop it had just returned from the painters. The engine is fully rebuilt and every nut, bolt and bit has been redone or is NOS, but the entire lot is in carefully labled and wrapped boxes and crates. It is in the same unassembled condition as when I saw it a decade ago! The good news is that it was retrieved from storage and is "on deck" again for assembly and may see sunlight on the road. When this is together, it should be one VERY nice car, as these guys so some nice work.

I will back next there week and will see if the owner has taken the time to put this in the registery yet. He was both a bit of a Luddite and liked to be out of the spot light for a while, but I have noticed over the years he has come round. His shop was featured in some of the usual classic magazines lately and he has a big new monitor for his computer. I will post whatever details I get after my next visit.

Take care,

Mark B

Mark B

Donation Time
Yep. Its in Wheatridge just off of I-70 and Ralston. Let me know if there is a time when you are free and we could go down and check out the place. They always have some fairly great stuff and love Sunbeams.

Mark B

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
Hi Mark

Next time you go there please look for the VIN-numbers and perhaps you can bring a camera. It's not often a "new" Harrington shows up nowadays. This is interesting.

RootesRich

Donation Time
Yep. Its in Wheatridge just off of I-70 and Ralston. Let me know if there is a time when you are free and we could go down and check out the place. They always have some fairly great stuff and love Sunbeams.

Mark B

Sounds like a plan Mark. I'll shoot you a PM with my # and e-mail address so we can hook up sometime.