• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

A Harrington in a Harrington for the first time

napa 1

Donation Time
Here's a fun one. This is Thomas Harrington's great great grandson, Ben, sitting in my Harrington in Napa yesterday. Family tree: Ben is my friend Debbie's son. Debbie's mom is Naomi Harrington, who is Gordon Harrington's Daughter. Gordon is Thomas Harrington's son. :) As mentioned in earlier post, I grew up with this family, but just recently discovered that they were "Harringtons". This was the first time Ben had seen one of his ancestor's cars in person. You can see he was thrilled.

Attachments

• IMG_6637.jpg
    IMG_6637.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 79

alpine_64

Donation Time
John, your car is just so nice... Brings a smile every time i see a photo of it. Such a great colour combination on it too.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
John,

superb to see a real Harrington family member in your HLM. Just wonder what this beetle is all about ;)

Last edited:

napa 1

Donation Time
Ha Bernd, good eye. I confess I've strayed a tad from the Sunbeam badge... if the photo angle had shown the rest of the driveway and garage, you would have seen, in varying states of restoration ...the 69 VW beetle, a 73 VW Thing, a 79 450SL, a 60 Morris convert, a 69 Morris Traveller, a 69 Jag E-type, a 68 Austin Healey, a 65 Austin FX4, a 66 Mustang and a 64 Corvair...But the HLM will always have the number one spot in my heart. My wife says if I bring home another car, I'll be sleeping in it!, so I may have reached my limit. :)