• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

A call for Invasion Magazine content!

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Ok,

Now that everyone is home and you have the Invasion fresh in your mind I would like to make a call for funny stories or even just a small note about the feelings you experienced during the Invasion.

It would be nice to make it like any other magazine that posts letters to the editor.

I would like to post a page in the Invasion 2008 magazine that will provide a place of thanks to people who gave you a hand, made you laugh or just made you feel welcome.

If you have a storey about your tip to the Invasion or wish to include some photos of you and your car please forward them to me.

Possible topics:
What hoops did you have to jump through to get to the Invasion, car prep, trip etc?
How many times on your tip did you see another driver giving you the thumbs up or did anyone ask funny questions?
What kind of gas mileage did you get with your Alpine, how much oil did you use?
What parts fell off, gave out or did she run like a charm.
Did anyone give you a hard time about your wiring, paint or the large graphics you had posted on your doors? (Just a little joke there)

It would be great to get everyone involved, we will then be able to take a look at the Invasion magazines some 4 or 5 years down the road and remember things all over again.

Please forward any story, content, photos or ideas as soon as possible. I hope we can have another Invasion magazine ready for the first of next year.

I am not sure how people will feel about this but I think it may also be nice to have a remembrance area in the magazine. It would be nice to post a photo of members that may have passed during the year (with the approval of family members of course).

Please tell me what you think.

Regards,
Andrew

Andrew

Donation Time
Invasion Magazine Content Call!

Hi Steve:

That would be great, time is not all that important. I just thought that everyone would be all charged up from the Invasion. It is fresh and was a great deal of fun, so what better time than now?
I will make sure you receive a printed copy of the Invasion VIII magazine if you provide me with content (just a little goodie for your efforts).

I hope that everyone who provided written documentation for Invasion VII received his or her printed copy. If you missed out please give me an email.....Yes yes I know you have yet to receive your magazine John, I will make sure your receive one.

Regards,
Andrew

Andrew

Donation Time
Need magazine information

OK Gang!:D

I am still looking for Invasion magazine content and ideas:

1) If you have a V6 please forward me a high res image of your engine bay along with specs/mods to your car.

2) I note about your fun at the past Invasion would be well received. This section could be used to give special thanks to someone who gave you a hand with your electrical for example. Who made you laugh or how people made you feel?

3) What would you like to see at the next Invasion?

4) Funny photos would be great; I would love to publish a section of the magazine just for this (there must be a Rootes car in the photo).

5) Race photos, vintage and new. Remember to give me your name and contact information.

6) I would love to publish a section call the back yard Sunbeams, Photo or information about custom made parts or how you did the big fix would be cool.

7) Any ideas at all please provide a PM to me and I will provide you with an email address so that you may forward content.

You can now be a part of the club even if you are far off and away. Please forward a story and photos today.

Andrew

Andrew

Donation Time
Here Here!

My car! :D
Unless something goes horribly wrong, I'll have my car at SUNI. Of course I said the same thing before Invasion VIII and what happened...

Yes! I was talking to the SUNI officials and they informed me you are one of the few that must bring your car to get through the gates!:eek:

:D its good to have a sense of humour.

Seriously, we must have 50 cars at our 50th anniversary and your car needs to be in there Rich. Will you father be going to SUNI with his car?

Andrew

RootesRich

Donation Time
Yes! I was talking to the SUNI officials and they informed me you are one of the few that must bring your car to get through the gates!:eek:

:D its good to have a sense of humour.

Seriously, we must have 50 cars at our 50th anniversary and your car needs to be in there Rich. Will you father be going to SUNI with his car?

Andrew

Hi Andrew,
Today is a big day for me. I've been out of my back brace for a week now, my physical therapy has been going well and today I'm going under a vehicle for the 1st time since the accident. Need to change the oil in my truck.
Both my dad and I are planning on bringing our cars. I think he'll trailer his to Denver and we'll both drive from here. :D