• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

90 degree Oil Filter Adapter

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
A few questions. Is it cast iron or aluminum? Thread size for block side and oil filter side. I'm hoping it is 18 x 1.5mm or 3/4" x 16.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Joel, Thanks. I was thinking of the cheaper used V6 ones, not the new Ford Racing one. Maybe Dan R has one on the bench. It would be for a Buick V6 metric replacement. It is 18x1.5mm. They discontinued that one. 76 and later Rover V8 use the 3/4x16 like the Ford. Older Buick and Rover used 13/16". There used to be dual threaded nipple adapters available. I can't find them on the web, maybe discontinued also.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Just thought it odd that the Cologne Engine is Metric yet the oil filter adapter is not metric. It is close to 20mm-1.5 but NOT Metric!!

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Dan, Thanks! Is the 90 degree adapter aluminum? Is that on both sides and is the pipe nipple threads in the Cologne V6 block Metric or 3/4" x 16?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan, Thanks! Is the 90 degree adapter aluminum? Is that on both sides and is the pipe nipple threads in the Cologne V6 block Metric or 3/4" x 16?

It is "All" aluminum.

The bolt running through the oil filter housing (90 degree) into the block is 3/4-16

AND the oil filter screws onto the 3/4-16 threaded nipple to hold the filter in place.