• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

8 Inch Clutch

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
I will be installing an 8 inch clutch and have the following questions

An 8 inch MGB pressure plate will work?
I use the Alpine clutch disc?
Do I use the Alpine of MGB release bearing?

Wiz

Donation Time
I also used a borg and beck 8in pressure plate from a mga not an mgb . All the rest were from the alpine ie disc and release bearing. This is for a series 2 don’t know about the series 5. Have not yet engaged the clutch, waiting for other parts.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I would think if you were to use an Alpine trans you would have to use an Alpine disk. Although
I have never used one I've heard that the MGB pressure plate will work. I don't think it matters
whether the release bearing is MGB or Alpine as I believe them to be similar.
Hope this helps,
Steve

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Steve, is the pressure plate a diaphragm spring type? If so, I have used them before on the 1600 engines. However, the early throwout arm needs some rework.
Jan

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Steve, is the pressure plate a diaphragm spring type? If so, I have used them before on the 1600 engines. However, the early throwout arm needs some rework.
Jan

Jan, I have a diaphragm spring TTV Racing PP.
upload_2020-11-20_14-19-4.png
I will be using a ball bearing throw out unit (not the carbon type). Can I just ride the throw out bearing right on the diaphragm fingers or would I need a set up like the unit in the below photo.

upload_2020-11-20_14-18-2.png

Cheers
Jerry