• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'67 SV passenger door latch and striker

philt

Donation Time
Anyone suggest where I can obtain a passenger side door latch and striker plate? My recently acquired SV seems to have a damaged door latch making closing a jarring exercise...slamming the door is not normal.
Phil in Tenn

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Phil, The slamming of the door could easily be lack of adjustment or the striker could be loose?

philt

Donation Time
Hello David,
I am guessing you are in California.
You are always the source and a prompt response. The passenger side dove tail looks a bit battered as do the visible bits of the door latch.
All seem tightly installed but my mechanic buddy agrees they look badly abused, so typical for me, lets replace both.
Met a couple of local Alpine guys yesterday at our Nashville British Car Club event. One from S. Cali, Gordon who referred me to Patrick King for some bits.
Still looking for a paper copy of the SV shop manual.
My previous S5 from George F in Minneapolis ( Burnstown?) was a nice car with a Corolla 5 speed.and Volvo clutch One of those you wish you had kept but selling it did make a Tiger possible which I kept for about 6 years ..
So we will complete the fixes on this one, not much, and maybe resale making room for a factory O/D or 5 speed. I bought this from member "Tuputt" just hours before a nice , BRG S5 showed up listed in LA with O/D. Nice enough car, market price but now think I want something more competitive for local shows.
As a car buddy once advised, " spend the budget on the best you can afford, it will almost always be a bargain compared to building it yourself.'
Fee free to text 1-615-796-5161 pr email pwtrusty@yahoo.com
Phil in Tenn

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Has anyone bought one of these door dovetails from SS or the UK? Do they come with the brass sliding insert or do you have to use the parts from your old broken one?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Very good question Eric! A method to find out would be to call Rick! Might just do that today.

volvoguys

Diamond Level Sponsor
Its been a few years since I spoke to anyone who got a repro dovetail but, back then, the comments I heard weren't favorable. The finish and crisp form, from what I was told, was disappointing and a few guys bought exceptionally nice used ones I had and returned the repro. I've also had a few inquiries in the past for the dovetail brass slide/spring/screw, tho I admit I don't know whether these were intended to fit to repros that may not have included them.

I currently have left and right side dovetails on hand in varying conditions with prices, of course, depending on condition. If interested please send a direct email to volvoguys@comcast.net.

Mark .…. volvoguys (Harrisburg PA)