• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

67 Alpine v6-portland,Oregon

donsVv6

Donation Time
B395016916
1985 ranger v6-8000 miles on rebuild and balancing in Seattle machine shop.
Rebuilt starter ,new battery
Transmission= T54 Borg/Warner 5-speed with internal McLeod throw-out bearing.
8-inch ford diff. with about 2000 miles on rebuild.
Body straight drivers door has repaired dent-I have another straight door.
California car,but in the NW for 25-30 years-has rust on back underside of wheel wells.
Interior has door panels,dash-pad some weather-stripping from Sunb.Specialties.
Need carpeting, exterior paint,speedometer work.
Soft-top about 15 years old,Parrish hard top included.
Asking $5000
Interested persons reply by personal e-mail-NOT on-line forum.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
This Alpine was done with one of my kits about ten years ago. You won´t get a better V6 Alpine at that price anywhere. If you are seriously thinking about doing one, this would be the cheapest way to go.

Jose

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Another 'if' :D...If I didn't want a 'project car' I would have flown into Portland to visit my relatives and snatched this one up. Looks to be a nice driver.

Seem's to be alotta Sunbeams in the Northwest. That's where I laid eyes on my first one as a High School kid.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Another 'if' :D...If I didn't want a 'project car' I would have flown into Portland to visit my relatives and snatched this one up. Looks to be a nice driver.

Seem's to be alotta Sunbeams in the Northwest. That's where I laid eyes on my first one as a High School kid.

Many Alpines and Tigers around Portland/Seattle/Vancouver,BC. They sold well here in the '60s. Probably 200-300 Alpines still exist just in the Seattle/Tacoma area alone. Mild climate = less salt on the roads = less rust.

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
This car has sun visor brackets and looks like an original clock perhaps. A nice car. Very nice car.

Mike Armstrong

Bronze Level Sponsor
Many Alpines and Tigers around Portland/Seattle/Vancouver,BC. They sold well here in the '60s. Probably 200-300 Alpines still exist just in the Seattle/Tacoma area alone. Mild climate = less salt on the roads = less rust.

That's interesting about that climate and convertibles. At least in Portland where I lived it seemed to be always rainy, damp and/or cold, even often during the 'summer' months. I didn't think much of it at the time. I had an Austin Healey, my brother had a Datsun 1600 Roadster and his buddy across the street had a 2000 roadster. But now, having not lived there for 25yrs, I just hard to picture there being so many 'top down in the sun' sports cars in that climate, but apparently there are.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Well Mike,

The drop top roadster was invented in England, where the weather is a lot like Seattle and Portland. Go figure.

Jose

RootesRooter

Donation Time
That's interesting about that climate and convertibles. At least in Portland where I lived it seemed to be always rainy, damp and/or cold, even often during the 'summer' months. I didn't think much of it at the time. I had an Austin Healey, my brother had a Datsun 1600 Roadster and his buddy across the street had a 2000 roadster. But now, having not lived there for 25yrs, I just hard to picture there being so many 'top down in the sun' sports cars in that climate, but apparently there are.

There's even a number of GT Alpines in the NW, which I've never been able to understand. The only time you'd want to take the hardtop off and drive a GT any distance is when there's not a cloud on the horizon. And that isn't often around here.

Quick plug for Sunbeam Northwest, coming up this month Aug 24-26, in Olympia, Wash. See the Pacific Region board posting for more details.

donsVv6

Donation Time
NW alpines

Before I got the series V I'm selling, I had a sIV GT in eastern Oregon where its drier,and I was still pretty careful where I drove without the top!

donsVv6

Donation Time
status of v/6 alpine sale

Thanks for all the inquires regarding my Alpine. I currently have downpayment and if all goes well Alpine should be going to new home next week. I have had serious inquires from New York,Minnesota,Oregon,California.
I will re-post if any thing changes.
Don....