• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

67? alpine ???? 500 no reseve auction

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
Series II ?

That is what i thought
Hard top and lights very series 2

Looks to be a good one......wish i had the cash!

But the off year kinda makes me think they either do not know what they have or its a scam of some kind (me paranoid)?

I do love that many people don't even know these cars exists!

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
It says it is being sold for a charity. Acording to the post, the car was donated, so no one involved probably knows anything about the car. The fact that it is registered as a '67 is a little concerning.

It's up to $1001.

Mike

agmason54

Donation Time
no reserve SII...

I have more pictures of the underside if anyone wants them.It has a good title the 67 was a typo.
agm

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
I like the 1970's wood grain look. A lot of folks drove Alpines as a daily driver in the 1970's.

agmason54

Donation Time
67 etc

It warms my heart and gives me hope to see such a ride fetch this kind of dough.I have seen the underside......
Agm

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
The car may have been previously titled out of state and brought into PA. I don't know if it is still done, but PA used to issue a T2 title, to indicate the car was not originally titled in PA. The year on the title would be the year it was tilted in PA. My mother's '64 Tbird had a PA T2 title that titled it as a '66. The Tbird was originally titled in Maryland.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Damn! I thought that was real wood paneling!

I wonder if the buyer got a good look at the photos of the rust on the doors. $5800 seems like a lot of money for a car with that kind of rust. I wonder what is hiding in other panels?

agmason54

Donation Time
67 etc...

Happy days are here again!!!
The person who lost the bidding was the real winner.
I love it! So would PT Barum.
Slick Al the Lemonpusher

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
I guess the American Children's Society is the real winner! Look like a legitimate charity, even tho the BBB has it unrated due to lack of information.

Tom

John W

Bronze Level Sponsor
AMERICAN CHILDRENS SOCIETY INC
44 NORTH MAIN ST, MARLBORO NJ, 07746
Phone: 732-617-1330
Income Expenses
Direct Public Contributions: $1,668,437.00
Program Expenses: $823,434.00
Indirect Public Contributions: 0.00
Management Expenses: $18,101.00
Government Grants: 0.00
Fund Raising: $825,019.00
Program Service Revenue: 0.00
Payments to Affiliates: 0.00
Other Support: 0.00
Total Expenses: $1,666,554.00
Total Revenue: $1,668,437.00
Registration Number: CH1457600 Report in File: 12/31/10
American Children's Society Inc website: http://www.childrenscharities.com/programs.html

http://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/charity/chardir.htm

If you call their number and request Schedule G of their Form 990, which is open to public inspection, you should be able to see how they spend the fundraising part. This looks like a great charity.

That car has a lot of good features, original, green, early series, hardtop, fins, curved windows, and only a handful made. And the door handles look like real wood!