• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'63 Spitfire

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi all

I have in my shop a '63 Spitfire - installing a new wiring kit. Wondering if any Sunbeam owners have owned one previously. It is a very early Mk 1 with decent body, frame, etc. The floors have been replaced. any info and/or insights appreciated. Pete

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Paul, i have been working on a 68 for few years, i may be able to help? Give me a call 336-226-2139 say after 6pm eastern . :cool:

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks The car belongs to a customer who wants safe, reliable transportation. No restoration required. P

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
I raced a "63 and have owned an early model GT6. What do you need to know?

The very best parts house I know of is Nigel at Spitbits in California. www.spitbits.com.

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I raced a "63 and have owned an early model GT6. What do you need to know?

The very best parts house I know of is Nigel at Spitbits in California. www.spitbits.com.

I spoke with Nigel yesterday - knowledgable, helpful - very nice gentleman.
Ordered a type II clutch kit with resurfaced flywheel to replace the original type I. Pulled out the original wiring harness - what a mess! Lots of broken or missing insulation, corroded snap connectors, etc. P

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Tracy.

I will install one of my kits into the Spitfire. British Wiring has good harnesses if you want a stock 2 circuit system with lots of snap connectors. I will install a 12 circuit unit and avoid the inevitable challenges associated with the stock Lucas system. Regards, Pete

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Probably a better decision than mine; I bought all the original wires and colors and made my own. Will not do that again!