• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

63 GT...perfect for a v6 project car in Florida

dmich2

Donation Time
Funny. Ad says go to SunbeamTigerparts.com for more photos and I don't see any....

Never heard of this seller, but could open up a new supplier.

Dennis

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Didn't all GT's come with OD's? If so, $2000 is a good price for this. The hardtop and transmission alone are probably worth that.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Didn't all GT's come with OD's? If so, $2000 is a good price for this. The hardtop and transmission alone are probably worth that.

Nope was optional, but most GT owners ticked the box, bring it was the quieter, more cruise orientated model. They tended to be optioned with ammeter and clock too.. Though this one doesn't have them. It does have a full batwing filter set up by the looks.

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
it does have the correct series 3 gt seats

OD was not standard on nay alpine, always an option, even on Harringtons

65beam

Donation Time
GT

jeff,
your post brings up a question I've had for years but never remember to ask. the LeMans sales brochure states that OD was an option. the press release from the office in New York states that the LeMans has OD. in my 34 years of harrington ownership I have never run across another LeMans in the states that did not have OD. were there any LeMans built without OD? Jan???

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
jeff,
your post brings up a question I've had for years but never remember to ask. the LeMans sales brochure states that OD was an option. the press release from the office in New York states that the LeMans has OD. in my 34 years of harrington ownership I have never run across another LeMans in the states that did not have OD. were there any LeMans built without OD? Jan???

Hi Jan,

yes, I have the Harrington brochure that states its an option, and another that does not even mention it.
One also says it has pressed steel wheels., the other states wires are standard.

As far as OD on Harringtons I have seen, they have all had it. I guess if you were paying the cost of the conversion, Harrington would easily convince you to fit OD as an option.
I think the paperwork that went with the red C type I owned a few years ago had OD listed as one of the selected options - I'm trying to find my copy of the letter from Harringtons. (I think you have a copy)

Jeff

alpine_64

Donation Time

Jeff, the seats are just the standard microcell seats , not GT specific. I assume you are referring to the fact they have the separate front thigh squab. This was coming to both ST and GT cars early in series 3, microcell changed the design during early s3 production and went to a single piece foam.

I'd say it was a simplicity/cost reason, much like the similar move they made with the rest squab becoming single piece after series Iv production on the sv

alpine_64

Donation Time
yes, I have the Harrington brochure that states its an option, and another that does not even mention it.
One also says it has pressed steel wheels., the other states wires are standard
Jeff

The wires were defiantly optional on the series A Harrington's, there were a couple of road period tests with them on factory steels. I'm quite sure I have seen a period photo of a hlm with steels, but I'd have to dig through the archives.

65beam

Donation Time
GT

my right hand drive LeMans # 9117763 has steel wheels. there is a photo of it on the Harrington site.

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jax Series 3

Seller just emailed me ....No Od...matter of fack he said the car has a gm drive train......I asked for more details...no answer yet...this one is close enough for me to go see