• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

63 Alpine for sale in LA, Ca.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Too bad the pie mags have had the centers popped out, looks like a parts car:cool:
Really? To me, a parts car is one that has structural rust problems. I don't see that in this collection of terrible pictures. Among things I cannot see is 4k for what is there.

66000 miles on the odo. I have seen so many of them with mid 60's mileage on them, I think they were designed to break before hitting 70,000.

Bill

Last edited:

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Really? To me, a parts car is one that has structural rust problems. I don't see that is this collection of terrible pictures. Among things I cannot see is 4k for what is there.

66000 miles on the odo. I have seen so many of them with mid 60's mileage on them, I think they were designed to break before hitting 70,000.

Bill

To rough for my taste .... I just don't have the inclination to do extensive bodywork anymore .... and I might be sleeping wit' da dogs if I snuck another car in the yard ;)

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
To rough for my taste .... I just don't have the inclination to do extensive bodywork anymore .... and I might be sleeping wit' da dogs if I snuck another car in the yard ;)

Rough, yes indeed, but savable. Not by me and evidently, not you. I've seen guys get pretty optimistic about much worse.

Bill

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I dunno. Looking at the X-member, I think they had to be very careful how they jacked this car up.

Really? To me, a parts car is one that has structural rust problems. I don't see that in this collection of terrible pictures. Among things I cannot see is 4k for what is there.

Bill

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I dunno. Looking at the X-member, I think they had to be very careful how they jacked this car up.

What do you see that is problematic? Rust everywhere, but it is not crusty and no rust through, not even the floor pans. Wish the pics had been been taken with a clean lens and good light. There is not a crisp image in the entire lot.

Bill

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dirty lens, dark, not real good angles.... all the more reason to beware of the metal bugs.

Believe me I have had a few that were eaten from within. The inner panels and pieces are very suspect.

DanR

alpine_64

Donation Time
Just because the panels aren't rusted through doesn't mean they aren't gone beyond safe.

When I got my tiger I got all the resto photos, the car was acid dipped, I asked why they had replaced all the floors as they looked ok in the photos, no holes. I was told that the metal was very thin and heavily pitted , so while no holes they were no longer good.

Key issue on that tiger will be the rear spring hangers.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
"Just because the panels aren't rusted through doesn't mean they aren't gone beyond safe".

Very true and that is the main reason I decided not to repair Rusty, my first Series V. But that decision cannot be made using the information available to us. I hope you did notice I think it is way over priced.

Bill