• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

5 Speed Transmission Conversion

chubby

Donation Time
Hi,

Can you provide some info. And pictures of your 5-speed conversions, please.

I am thinking of having mine done by Colin as well.

Regards,
Randall

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi George,

Why won´t the pressure plate work with the transmission? is it because of the splines being different? If so, why don´t you have a special disc made, with the correct diameter and the correct spline to fit the transmission input shaft.

Jose

George, Thanks for the input I to am using a early flywheel and the 8 3/8 clutch when I found out that the Alpine V clutch pressure plate would not work. I looked at the 7 1/2 pressure plate and you may be able to machine out the center to the same size as the 8" Alpine clutch pressure plate, but I do not know if it would cause a problem with the center piece when in use? The conversion is going great! How did your driveshaft look after the swapout of the toyota slipyoke? :cool: