• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

4 barrel 2.8 manifold

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
WOW! Just because the CL add will go away, $500 !! $800 to replace!!

'gona keep an eye out for them!

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
This modification of the 2 barrel intake appears to create a single plane manifold. I’ve read how a single plane can affect low rpm performance in a V8, but I don’t know if the same would be true for a V6. I believe the Offy intake is dual plane.

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Offy Dual Port is more like two single planes stacked with smaller ports for low rpm and larger for high rpm. You probably lose about 10hp on low end but gain about the same on the top end with the Morana modded intake. That intake has the same ports as the stock Ranger which is a divided single plane with a 4 barrel top. Cheaper than a new Offy but still high priced for what it is.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
The important difference between V8 single-plane and dual-plane manifolds is the length of the intake runners. The intake runners are typically "shorter" for a single-plane and "longer" for a dual-plane manifold. Shorter tends to favor high-end power and longer tends to favor low-end torque.

Note that the Morana 4-barrel manifold is actually two completely separate (side-to-side) three-cylinder single-plane manifolds with widely differing (about 1" to about 8") intake runner lengths. I suspect that cylinder-to-cylinder AFR's might be a problem with cylinders 2 and 4 tending to run a lot richer than cylinders 1,3,5 and 6.