• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

3000rw

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Rumour on the street is that 3000RW is going back on the auction block. I don't have much more detail, so let's keep our eyes open for more. Will be selling through Coys.

64beam

Donation Time
Rumour on the street is that 3000RW is going back on the auction block. I don't have much more detail, so let's keep our eyes open for more. Will be selling through Coys.

Hi Ian,

Is Coys in the UK or elsewhere (I'm not familiar with the auction houses)? What sort of asking price would the car fetch, with the history that is associated with it (are we talking Tiger prices or higher)?

Regards, Robin.

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
During the previous Bonham's auction the estimate was 55,000-65,000 pounds. I don't think it achieved the lower number but I don't think it was that far off. Then roll in the auction fees... you get the idea.

I would bet the current owners are hoping to get at least 10,000 pounds more than the last auction price. I would anticipate their minimum will be closer to 60-65k.

Steve

PS; it is a neat car... don't get me wrong... but for that kind of money you could have an Elva Mk7 with a pretty neat history and really have a great time racing (ie. very competitive). As an example http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/elva/1121233082/1121233082la.htm There's been a couple of finished Mk7's too, for not much more.... this one just happens to be the proto.