• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

3 point Seat Belts

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I am playing with the idea of building a new bar to hold the seat belts that will be more like a double loop that will follow the top of the seats, just high enough to hold the seat belts and still be able to use the soft top.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I am playing with the idea of building a new bar to hold the seat belts that will be more like a double loop that will follow the top of the seats, just high enough to hold the seat belts and still be able to use the soft top.
Andrew masse did something similar to that.. Maybe using the aftermarket miata double roll hoop

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Pick you're poison, or lacerations. 1968 FMVSS saw a change from those steering wheels and added a type of collapsible steering column.
What'd be nice is a retrofit bar that easily replaces the B post caps with removable headrests and fixing points for belts.
Do totally agree on the improper angle of the wheel well mount points better than nothing.

Eleven

Platinum Level Sponsor
Yes, better than nothing is true! I sometimes think the only thing my lap belts are really good for is to prevent my launching over the windshield due to the dumb front hinge one the seat frame and no locking point on the rear. Ah, 1967 safety regs! "What, me worry?"

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Found this really cool picture on facebook, and I am still looking for the wheel arch mounts that I know my series 2 does not have. :)
168492182_10219720547745772_7185257698184146801_n-X2.jpg