• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2nd annual GREAT British Car Fayre - Alpharetta, GA March 29th

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Passing this along. Sounds fun...

http://empire-events.net/great-british-car-fayre-alpharetta/

I've been asked by the City of Alpharetta and the Alpharetta Convention & Visitors Bureau to organize a 2nd annual GREAT British Car Fayre, to take place in Downtown Alpharetta. The event date has been moved forward from last year's Feb 23rd date to March 29th - trying to avoid inclement weather as best we can, and not overlap with Easter, Spring Break or the British Motorcar Day in May. I suspect that many of your organization's members will already be in our mailing list, but obviously not all.

Allow me to elaborate re: timing of the event.
Cars arrive from 8:00am - 9:30am for positioning, (Enter from Roswell Street) in advance of the event opening to the public at 10:00am. cars on display from 10:00am - 3:00pm, with the event closing at 4:00pm.
We'll send out instructions to all pre-registered car owners about one week out.

The Big Chicken Beatles Band will perform 2 or 3 shorter sets (approx 20-30 mins each) around lunchtime, as opposed to last year's separate show at the end of the Car Fayre.

Glorious Events will provide bar facilities.

Food Trucks (including the Marlay Mobile's fish 'n' chips), Taste of Britain, various other vendors, kids activities (we're planning to have some free activities for the youngsters)

People's Choice Trophy to be presented by Claire Newman MBE, Vice Consul, British Consulate General.

Car Registration Form attached + there is a link to the form on the flyer below.
Note: Event space is limited to circa 100 cars & we have approx. 50 pre-registered as of today.
We hope that you and your SAOCA colleagues can join us for an enjoyable day in Alpharetta GA.
Best
Ray Gilbert

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
And me with leaky vents and a non-functioning wiper motor.

I'm banking on the fact that when the weather folks say it's a 60% chance of thunderstorms, it usually rains about 20% of the time.

Of course, whenever they say it's a 10% chance, that's almost a guarantee that it's gonna rain like a bastard.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Not going to make it this year, need to finish up a few items on the Tin Can so we have more of a chance of making it to ( and back from ) Columbia next week.
Tom j

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Last year, folks posted a picture of the Sunbeam group of the show. Today, I continue that tradition. See below. I thought my car looked so good, that I gave it my vote for best Sunbeam.

As I was driving up, the weather was so bad that I thought I had a legitimate, uncontested shot at best in show, but when I arrived, there were about 30 cars already there (as compared to the 100 that pre-registered).

There was an Allard with a flathead Ford (apparently one of four in the U.S. and like 19 in the world), a lovely burnt-orange McLaren, and one of Michael Jordan's old Aston Martins.

It rained off and on, and folks were mesmerized by the work it takes to put the top up and down on the Sunbeam.

I don't know who actually won the awards, because the skies finally washed the show out just before the awards were announced.

Attachments

• Alpharetta.jpg
    Alpharetta.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 12