• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2015 Mailings

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dues (Donations) run from when to when....?

Not sure what I am about to ask fits....!

But, Tom J said (something like) "....I thought I was up to date with everyone that supported the club since Nov. 2014,...."

I realize Tom had to start and/or stop somewhere... But, Why "Nov 2014" as cut off?

If a fellow still had even half a month left on the year he had donated to the club, should he not still get a new calendar and any other "goodies" being offered?

Being involved in several civic organizations the cut off period has always been a problem for the "Club" secretaries. Some org's start their year for dues (donations) on the 1st of every year... others have it at the time of the donation and let it run for a full year. I have found it can work either way.

I recommend it be from date paid/donated. Perhaps this could be worked out by our Officers>

Thanks again to Tom J & wife,

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Paid up til....next time!

Tom J, Just sent in a donation!

Figured out how to get it done. Been a year and this olde man forgets a lot.

Keep up the good work!

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Club donations run from year to year, you donate in July, your up to date until the following July. Last years calendar ran through March of 2015, I stopped mailing them in November since they would have about less than a half year life, folks that supported the club from November(2014) on, were put on the 2015 mailing list. Does that make sense/seem fair?

In an ideal situation each persons calendar would run from the month they donated so you'd know when your year was up, your calendar runs out... Any volunteers ?

I'd rather not send out dated material that is only going to be current for a short while. If the next membership person chooses to do that so be it.

Officer Elections are coming up this fall, everyone's input is appreciated.

Tom j

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
What's my standing?

Tom J, No complaints here!

Just a question! How do I stand in getting the Calendar at this point?

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
So dues are voluntary but unless one volunteers ... no calendar?

Ok.

I just volunteered and usually do, even without a required voluntary donation for a calendar.:)

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dues/ support/ donations, whatever you want to call them are voluntary, calendars,statics and posters are our way to say Thank you for your support. Without donations our web presence would certainly diminish, and as warehouse/clearinghouse for Alpine information that would be sad.
Officer elections are in the fall, please consider taking the next step to further our club's ambitions.
Tom j

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
My bad. I just noticed I have not changed you member level Tom. I'll get more updates done this weekend.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
One last item. Guys please remember that the calendars, posters, window stickies are all mailed from one location by Tom who handles the getting me the updates and does the mailings. In my opinion he has the hardest workload on the board. And everyone on yhe Board is involved. And we're spread all over the country. Think about the process.

Someone signs up online and Todd has to verify. Ohio
Members send in donations and Tracy (Washington) has to maintain the funds and advise Tom in South Carolina the member signed up or renewed and at what level.
Tom then has to send out packets as well as notify me to make the a itar change. I'm in Washington.
Now imagine this happening a few hundred times a year. All of us have jobs and families and Sunbeams to drive. We do the updates weekends and evenings. We hold aboard meetings via Skype. Yes it's a tedious process but it needs to be done to maintain the club and forum.

It's appreciated that members send in their dues but until we upgrade the site please don't expect the Board to send out reminders. And Tom can only go to the post office so many time a week/month. Be patient.

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Guys and Gals,
In the next few days everyone that has donated to support the SAOCA up until Feb 18 should receive their support gift.
If you do not/have not please contact me at green67alpineatyahoo.com
Thanks again, Tom j

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
2015 Calendar

My Calendar package arrived today!

Very nice arrangement of vehicles on display,

Thanks Tom J!