• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2011 australia day display

moonstone SIV

Donation Time
Thanks Michael, an interesting selection as usual.

So I reckon the Gazelle Estate has to be the odd one out in the pics below. Sunbeam by Jensen, Jensen by Jensen and Volvo not by Jensen until the P1800.

Do I win a prize or something.........?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Thanks Michael, an interesting selection as usual.

So I reckon the Gazelle Estate has to be the odd one out in the pics below. Sunbeam by Jensen, Jensen by Jensen and Volvo not by Jensen until the P1800.

Do I win a prize or something.........?

there was a p1800 infront of that volvo.. but i only took a shot of the engine bay.. but yes.. all connected to rootes in one way or another.. nice work.

lemansvk

Donation Time
Singer Gazelles are pretty rare in Australia, the estates more so. Curiously I know of one in Canberra that a mate of mine restored at the same time I did my Alpine. I have registration statistics from the era that show Rootes Australia only selling a few hundred Gazelles a year. In 1960/61, they dropped the Singer name although they did still sell the car - it was re-badged, re-grilled and called the Hillman Australian DeLuxe (ADL). ADLs actually have Singer Gazelle chassis numbers, dashboards and colour schemes.