• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2010 Rootes group calendar pics

lemansvk

Donation Time
It’s that time of year again when I start thinking about next year’s ‘Cars of the Rootes Group Calendar’, and as usual I am on the hunt for Pictures. Those of you familiar with the calendar will know to just email me your pictures. For those new to the group (or who have forgotten), more details follow.

The Calendar:
Is A4 Size, spiral bound, full colour, one page per month (plus cover), printed on quality paper. I organise it on a not-for-profit basis, purely for the enjoyment of the many Rootes owners I know, both personally and through various groups/fora like this one.

The Subjects
The subjects need to be Rootes vehicles (Hillman, Humber, Sunbeam, Singer, Commer, Karrier - or their antecedents – e.g. last year there was a 1927 (pre-Rootes) Hillman). They do not have to be concours d’elegance winners and I encourage members of this group/forum to submit pics of their own cars, no matter how humble you think they are. I try to get a good mix of models, countries, age and so on. You can see the vehicles I used for 2009 at this webpage.
http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o262/sunalp63/Calendar2009/
This year I would like to get one of the early Harrington Alpines, or maybe a Series C or D, but really all are welcome!!

The Pictures
The pics must be yours to let me use (for copyright reasons). They need to be digital and of good quality to reproduce well when printed. Experience shows that they need to be about 4 megapixels or greater. I have Photoshop Elements and can resize the length/width dimensions, crop unwanted bits, tidy up flaws etc (for example, in the June 2009 picture, I removed a fence from behind the blue Alpine).

Printing & Ordering:
In past years it has been printed by Lulu Publishing in the US. Lulu provides in ‘print on demand’ service which means you can buy any number of calendars from one to a hundred. The advantage of this system is that I don’t have to get involved in the printing and distribution business. However, there was a major issue last year with postage costs to Australia, and I am looking at possible alternatives. I will advise progress on this as it happens.

The Cost:
I aim to keep the cost as low as possible - in the past Lulu have produced it for about US$12 plus postage. That will be my target if I go to another printer

Cheers, Vic
(in Australia)