• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2010 Cars of the Rootes Group Calendar - Now Available

lemansvk

Donation Time
At last the 2010 Cars of the Rootes Group wall calendar is available for purchase. I had hoped to announce this some weeks ago, but have been waiting ages to check the proof copy – apparently airmail from the USA to Australia is now being carried by migratory birds rather than airplanes.

The calendar is A4, spiral bound, full colour, one page per month, printed on quality paper (it seems even better this year than last). It features 13 great photos of Rootes cars from around the world – a mixture of Hillmans, Humbers and Sunbeams.

As in previous years, the calendar is available from Lulu publishing in the USA. Lulu is a print on demand publisher and you can buy any quantity of calendars from one upwards. Price for a single calendar is US$12.50 plus postage – there are discounts for multiple purchases; buy 5 or more and the unit price is US$10. (As always, these prices are the very minimum – there is no profit for me built in.) There are also savings to be made on postage for multiple purchases, particularly for buyers outside the USA. Please Note: Lulu offers a range of shipping options, some of which are EXPENSIVE. If they are suggesting $100 for postage on your single calendar, look for the cheaper ‘Mail’ option.

If you are in Australia and just want one or two copies, let me know. I have already placed a multiple copy order and will be able to supply them at a lower unit cost, even with re-posting them to you in Aus. However, if you are buying 5 or more (for your car club/friends) buy them direct as you will get them quicker and cheaper.

This year there are two versions. Both have the same photos inside, but one has a Sunbeam Talbot on the cover, and the other has a Japanese Isuzu-Hillman. (I was going to do another version with a Humber on the cover, but I was really scratching for Humber photos this year – no new ones were submitted and I had to use photos from previous years – they are still nice photos!) The links to buy the calendars are:

http://www.lulu.com/product/calendar/cars-of-the-rootes-group-2010/6007716 (Sunbeam Cover)

http://www.lulu.com/product/calendar/cars-of-the-rootes-group-2010-hillman/6007813 (Hillman Cover)

Finally, a big thank you to all who sent me photos. Apologies to those whose photos did not make it this year – I had more Sunbeam and Hillman ones than I could use. Final selection is always a subjective process as I try to put together a balance of models, countries and scenery. But I save all photos for possible inclusion in next year’s edition. You can preview the pictures I used at:
http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o262/sunalp63/Calendar2010/ Note that the images at this link are very low resolution versions – they will look OK on your screen but they will print poorly. However the ones on the calendar are much higher resolution and will print nicely.

Cheers, Vic