• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2008 SOS in Columbia, SC

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hello members,
Last September we held a SOS in conjuction with the local British Car Club's car show and we are about to start making plans for the event again this year. Last year we had seven Alpines take a road trip for about 70 miles around a lake just outside of Columbia. After the lap around the lake we then settled down at a park and had a picnic together. This years event will take place on the weekend of October 3rd-5th. Friday night we will go out to eat as a group for those that have come in early. Saturday will be the SOS followed by the hospitality room party that evening for the all British Car Show. Then on Sunday October 5th we will all enjoy Carolina British Classics II in Finlay Park. Last year this show had 120 cars on display and we are anticipating that to go up to around 150 this year. If you have any suggestions for this years SOS please contact Eric Gibeaut, Jim Ellis or myself. Please stay tuned as this event developes. Registration forms for the car show will be up on the clubs web site around April 10th, 2008. You can see some pictures from Carolina British Classics on the club's web site.

http://www.britishcarclubmidlandscentre.com/

Cheers,

Todd Smith
1963 Series 3

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Last year was a lot of fun, We're looking forward to this years event.
Hope it's not quite as hot though........

Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I agree!!! This is a couple of weeks later in the year so I am hoping it will be just right! Grab Bob and Judy and a few more fromt he Atlanta area and have a great convoy over!

Cheers,

Todd

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
We're coming in force this year....well, it may be a small force, but we'll be there just the same....

Tom j

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
We looked at our schedule and that weekend looks clear. Judy and I should be there with both cars. I've emailed the bunch of Sunbeamers from Atlanta that I have email addresses for. Yes, we had a great time last year and am looking forward to another great time. You did good Todd.
Bob:)
I agree!!! This is a couple of weeks later in the year so I am hoping it will be just right! Grab Bob and Judy and a few more fromt he Atlanta area and have a great convoy over!

Cheers,

Todd

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
That sounds GREAT! Are you planning on going to the Berry College Show in May? Denise and I will be coming to that show too. I would like for all of us to stay at the same place if possible.

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Yes, we will be at that show, don't know where we'll stay yet, but at least we should get together after the show. Maybe dinner? We'd love to see you and Denise. Are you going to show off your new hard top?
Bob

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dinner after the show sounds great!

The hardtop may be finished by then but I doubt it. I am supposed to pick it up from the body shop next week. I have acquired all of the stainless trim pieces except for the bottom latches. I have to order the windows and new rubber then put it all together! I see now why the hardtops go for $1,000 finished. It takes more than that to restore one!

If you have anything you would like to see at our SOS let us know. This year at our show we will be separating the Alpines and Tigers. Not many British cars shows do that!

As soon as you know of the motel you are going to stay at in Atlanta let me know.

Cheers,
Todd

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
SOS & Carolina British Classics registration forms

The registration forms are now posted on our club's web site for the Carolina British Classics II show on October 5th, 2008. The link for motel reservations for the SOS and the all British Car Show is up and awaiting the many Sunbeamers to book their motel rooms. There is also a link for driving directions into Columbia and to the host motel, The Hampton Inn-Vista Location.

One lucky out of town guest for the SOS will win a free nights stay at out host motel with a drawing to be held at our SOS. That's a value of $110.00. Each participant of the SOS will receive a special gift that is in the making! Eric, Jim and myself will continue to work on some fun things to do during our SOS on Oct. 4th. The web site for our local British Car Club that host the car show and has the event information is:

Cheers,

Todd

George Coleman

Gold Level Sponsor
Todd, sorry but Bev and I will not be able to make the show this year, the change in dates conflicted with an event that I have been going to for over 25 years, so maybe next year if you move it back to the old date. Later:cool:

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Sorry you won't be able to make it George-that means that you can make it to the United this year! Eric

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
For those of you who joined us last year you will remember the "One Lap around the Lake" drive we did. Yesterday I rode my motorcycle on part of the drive where all the lakefront homes were and was grinning most of the trip! What a great series of curves on that road.....We will do the same loop again this year and do another picnic at the lake with lots of Sunbeams there with us. Eric

Green67Alpine

Platinum Level Sponsor
Eric, Did you get many bugs in your teeth ?:D That picnic spot is a good one. By the way, the name of the lake ? See you then, unless your going to go to the Rome show or the Atlanta area get together !

Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
George, That's a bummer that you have a conflict that weekend. You did tell me last year at the show that you may not be able to make it on that date. I wish I could pick a date in the middle of September and stick to it. It is not that simple however. In order to coordinate the main British car show on Sunday I have to have a host motel and every motel in the Columbia area will not block off 50 rooms when The University of SC has a home football game. So believe it or not, our show date each year is dictated by the football schedule! They had an opening at the begining of September but I did not want to conflict with the Invasion. As we do our Lap Around the Lake, we will keep a gap in the cars in honor of you!

Don't forget, we will hold a drawing for a free nights stay at the host motel at our picnic during the SOS.

The show registration form is now available on :
www.britishcarclubmidlandscentre.com

Cheers,
Todd

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Lake Wateree

Hi Tom
That was "One Lap around Lake Wateree". Go to Google Maps and then enter Lake Wateree, SC and then look for Lake Road-that was the 7 mile road we were on that had all of the turns. The satellite view shows how many curves that road has! I think I will go drive it again this weekend. Eric

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
SOS It's starting to build!

Hey guys, The Carolina British Classics cars show and the SOS in Columbia, SC on Oct 4th and 5th is now taking registrations. The first four cars that have registered are all Alpines!!!! And MG is the featured marque of the show!

Each car that pre-registers will recieve a free t-shirt and goody cooler! Tom, Bob and Judy I need you to email me your t-shirt sizes to
Alpine1963@aol.com. We forgot to place the size on the registration forms.

Please go to www.britishcarclubmidlandscentre.com to get you registration forms and join the fun. Please add the size of t-shirt you would like to the top of the form. I will have that corrected on the web site soon.

Each person will recive a special "surprise" at the SOS that is Sunbeam related. One lucky out of town guest will recieve a voucher for a free nights stay at the host motel The Hampton Inn in the Vista.

Thanks to those that have already pre-registered!!!!

Cheers,

Todd

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Latest SOS info

Come join us for our SOS October 3-5. We will be driving our cars on some great backroads and socializing with other Sunbeam owners for the weekend. All Rootes cars are invited! On Sunday Oct. 5th we will join up with the local British car club at their annual show where we will have our own Sunbeam class. More info can be found at:
Stay tuned for more info! Eric

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey guys,
The Carolina British Classics cars show and the SOS in Columbia, SC on Oct 4th and 5th is now taking registrations. The first four cars that have registered are all Alpines!!!! And MG is the featured marque of the show!

Each car that pre-registers will recieve a free t-shirt and goody cooler!

Please go to www.britishcarclubmidlandscentre.com to get you registration forms and join the fun. The last day for Pre-registration is Septembet 10th. We will form the classes for the show ont he 11th based on having at least three cars in a marque class. We would love to see enough Tigers
pre-registered to create there own class, we already have enough Alpines pre-registered to create the Alpine class. If we do not get three Tigers pre-registered then they will be merged into the Alpine class.

Each person will receive a special "surprise" at the SOS that is Sunbeam related. On top of that, one lucky out of town guest will recieve a voucher for a free nights stay at the host motel The Hampton Inn in the Vista.

Thanks to those that have already pre-registered!!!!

Cheers,

Todd

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi all
Time is running short to pre-register for our show! You have until Sept. 10th to pre-register and get a great gift. Also Sunbeam owners will receive an extra surprise gift. I passed out many brochures for our event at the Invasion last weekend and I hope that you can all join us. We will be taking some Sunbeam only drives and doing lots of other things before the show.
Here is the website again www.britishcarclubmidlandscentre.com
See you there! Eric