• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2008 Goodwood Revival

64beam

Donation Time
Hi,

I was reading an article in Australian classic car magazine about the 2008 goodwood revival and had one very amazing auction. At the Bonhams Goodwood auction, they sold a UK numberplate labeled 'S1' which sold for a record 397,500 UK pounds :eek: (US$611,836 or AU$935,615). Apparently a world record. The article also had a couple of cars which stood out to the writer, but one in particular was the Sunbeam Lister Tiger (only had a very small photo :( ).

Regards, Robin.

alpine_64

Donation Time
Hey Rob,

Are you sure the lister Tiger was for sale at this years goodwood (2008) auction? I didnt hear any chatter about it going up for sale, It was sold at an auction a year or so bavk.. you sure it was the lister tiger.. or you sure ot was the 08 auction?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Rob,

Just scowering through some sites and i remember seeing a report in a brit mag... dont think it was a lister tiger.. i think you'll find it was a Harrington LeManns that had been converted to an Alger.. but appaently with some history as it was done by JW mechanics and for someone with works connections. Car had been a point of discussion for some time and i think it also featured in the BON.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Michael,

The Lister Tiger was definately not up for auction. The Lister Tiger just stood out to the person who wrote the article as the two drivers of the Lister were Australian's Vern Schuppan and owner Tony Eckford). I have edited the first post so that it is more clear.

Regards, Robin.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Google "goodwood revival 2008 bonhams" and the second site shows the catalogue of all the items in the sale. I visited the Revival Meeting this year and last - anyone visiting UK when this is on should be sure to see it. I could spend a day in the pre-1965 car park. There are literally acres of classic cars of all makes.

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Tony,

You lucky thing :( . I would love to get to the Goodwood revival. Other than our local historic racing that would definately be on my list of things to see. Now I am envious :) .

Regards, Robin.